Thursday, January 19, 2006

I've decided to finally create my own knitting blog. I've been reading lots of other knitting blogs and it's time I had my own! I have been trying to post a picture, and so far, it's not working. This kind of kills my plan to show off my handiwork!

So, for now, a little about me... I'm 38 years old, live in a Washington, DC suburb and am a self confessed yarn addict. It started with crochet. I learned to crochet from some friends at the theatre (Oh, by the way, I'm a theatre lighting electrician). It quickly turned into an obsession. I was making scarves for everyone I know. I even sucessfully sold a few of my scarves. I got bored with scarves and started making hats and afgans. (Granny Squares - antiquated but so simple!) Then I discovered crocheting magazines. I poured over them, longingly wishing I had the focus and determination to make something a little more complicated than my simple little projects.

I found a pattern for a crocheted sheep toy and decided to dive in. It became my standard baby gift. New baby? you get a sheep! Then last summer, I entered my crocheted sheep in the County Fair - and won second place! (Ok, I think it was more like last place, because I never did figure out what the other enteries were!) Then I entered the sheep in the Maryland State Fair and won second place again! (may have been last place again... I admit it! But I do have two pretty red ribbons now!)


Ribbons Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home