Monday, January 23, 2006

I could cry at any minute....

Sad, sad, sad. So, I went to my LYS today to get a second skein of the great stripey sock yarn I'm using for my Jaywalker and THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY MORE IN STOCK!!!!! It's my own dumb fault. When I bought the first skein the woman said "if you're going to make socks out of that, you're going to need a second skein." And stupid stupid me, I said "oh, I only want one right now, I just like the yarn, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it." I'm such an idiot.

So, after I got scolded by the yarn shop lady, she very nicely took down my name and number and promised to call me when(if??) they get anymore in. I went home and did an internet search for it and can't find it anywhere. It is Fortissima Colori Socka Color in color number 3001. I couldn't even find ANY Colori Socka yarn whose color number even began with a 3. I went to the manufacturer's site and it wasn't listed there. Apparantly, I have the one and only skein of 3001 ever in existence. Yes, I could cry at any minute.

So now what? Do I finish my lonely sock and pray that the yarn shop lady calls me.... someday....? I was really excited about how that sock was turning out. I was committed to making a second one. THIS SUCKS and it's my own fault!!!

In a small effort to console myself, I bought these...


Image hosting by Photobucket

I've already started playing with it and it's pretty damn easy! I could get used to this. Now I need to invest in a second addi turbo circular and learn how to do two socks at once.

I had looked up the Magic Loop method on the internet and I thought I had seen something about having to do some wonky figure 8 cast-on, but this booklet said to cast-on however I wanted to. Maybe the figure 8 thing was for the two at once method... I'll have to go check that out again.
I'm contemplating going out to Woolstock tomorrow. I've never been there and I hear it's a good store. I want more sock yarn. (despite what I said the other day about how I shouldn't be allowed to buy any more yarn)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home