Friday, June 23, 2006

Slowly getting back to normal

My show is OPEN! I am done with hateful tech weeks! (at least till August!) Hooray!!!!

Opening went really well. We are doing "Buddy" which is the Buddy Holly story. Really stupid script, but kind of a fun show. It has definitely grown on me this week. When I saw a rehearsal for the first time, I didn't really like it, but it's gotten better. And it's a good summer show - light and fluffy. There were 200 or so kids in the audience last night and they LOVED it. It will be interesting to see how it goes tonight - no kids groups, all adults. I predict that we are going to get lots of complaints that the show is too loud. The sound is currently TERRIBLE. Hopefully it will get better, but who knows. Sound has always been a problem at our theatre. It's never very good. And in this show, the actors are playing instruments live on stage - guitar, bass, drums, more guitars... loud, loud, loud! The sound guys are having a hard time getting a good balance between the live music and the vocals.

Lighting went fine. No major train wrecks, though I was ready to punch my lighting designer at the end of the show last night. Instead of saying "nice job Coleen!" after the show, she started bitching at me for something completely stupid. Sooooo did not need that. Fortunately, the director came up and said "nice job Coleen!" soon after that!

After the show, I went out with a couple of friends for a much needed margarita. It was so nice to just hang out, have a little cocktail, and have a good time. I actually relaxed a little for the first time in two weeks.

I'm so glad tech is over. The past two weeks have been so incredibly stressful between my dad, other family issues, and tech. I'm very ready for life to go back to "normal."

sooo....Knitting content....

I'm almost done with the socks for my sister's birthday.
almost done
sister sock

I really don't like this colorway at all. I like it on the skein, but not knit up. Hopefully my sister will be ok with it! I can't wait to be done with them so I can go back to working on my sheep puppet! I kind of want to use up all of the yarn for these socks so I don't have any extra of that yarn sitting in my stash haunting me with it's ugliness, but at the same time, I want them finished soon!

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend! I am extremely jealous of some people who are escaping to the beach soon! I will be driving to the hospital and working all weekend, but it's all good because - I am DONE with tech!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The non-solid stripes look like clouds in the sky. Pretty.

And don't feel all alone, I'm not escaping to the beach any time soon.

4:35 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Woo to being done with tech!! I start Tuesday, but don't think it will be too crazy - only 80 light cues and 30 sound, so a piece of cake after Oliver!

Thanks for the comment earlier - it just hits me at weird moments, and Anna is a very emotional show about love and relationships, which hasn't really helped. Luckily, my cast just thinks they are giving exceptional performances! =)

12:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I LIKE those socks - very cloud-like!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

yeah done with tech week! :) Hopefully things can get back on track.

The socks aren't bad - I'm not a huge self striping fan either, but the blues are nice.

(I won't tell you I'm headed to Bethany Beach in 2 weeks)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I'm not going to the beach...yet!
Love the sock colors!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home