Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Gift Giving

The Double Bordered Scarf has been delivered to the happy recipient. I gave it to my sister for her birthday (only two weeks late!) I am pleased to say that she totally loved it! There is nothing better than someone who completely appreciates a knitted gift. I'm so thrilled that she loves it.

I also made her one of the ever popular box bags.
fishy box bag
She loved that too! ;)

I even got a gift too. She gave me some ebony Lantern Moon sock needles.
Lantern Moon Ebony Sox Stix
They are so pretty! And it seems unlikely that I will be able to snap these in two like I tend to do with wooden sock needles....

After finishing her scarf, I went back to work on some other projects. I hadn't worked on my Spring Blossoms shawl in awhile, so I managed to put several rows on that. It's definitely a "full attention" knit.
Spring Blossoms Shawl
I had been knitting this on my Knitpicks Options needles, but I just switched to my Addi Lace needles. I bought the Addis at the Mannings with the intent of using them on this project. But, the only length they had in stock of the US 4's was 40". So, I used the Options until the piece was big enough to transfer to the Addis. I like the Addis, but I don't feel like they are any better or worse than the Options. They are both serving me well.

I'm also still working on my second Embossed Leaves sock. I just turned the heel on Sunday.
Embossed Leaves
I've been knitting these during my shows. I'm already contemplating my next "light booth project." Of course there are several socks on the list, but I'm also thinking about re-starting a Montego Bay Scarf. I started one when the magazine first came out, but got distracted and ended up frogging it. But, I still want one!

If that isn't enough knitting, I have jumped on the Mystery Stole 3 bandwagon. (All the cool kids are doin' it!) I was finally swayed when I saw how pretty Jody's is turning out. I just started it last night, so there's only a little progress to show.

Mystery Stole 3

I'm using some Jaggerspun Zephyr that I bought in NYC last year. I'll be way behind the folks that started this on time, but I couldn't resist!

Despite the fact that it is almost midnight, I am sitting here thinking "now that I'm done blogging, what do I want to knit?"

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

:) look at all the great knits! there are some really pretty mystery stole's out there - I still don't want to knit lace, but they sure are pretty!

those are such cute sock needles - they are a lot shorter than regular ones, right?

8:55 AM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Love the Spring Blossom Shawl, although I can see why you'd have to pay complete attention to it. I guess that means we probably won't be seeing it at Knit Night. :)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I love the box bag and your spring blossom shawl is going to be gorgeous!

Yeah for Mystery stole madness! I am already itching (no pun intended) to start another lace project!!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoorah for starting the MS3 a little late. I'm glad that I'm not the only one still working on clue 1, although I am sure you will surpass me soon!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Just-Chuck said...

Yo, Pushy Broad,

Every time I pick up my needles I think of you. :)

Then I touch myself.

Then I feel guilty for not posting on my knitting blog.

Your pieces are so totally out of my league.

I love keeping up vicariously via blog.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Your spring blossoms is stunning!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Just-Chuck said...

Busy with Potter?

I just finished and STILL posted on my blog.

You're letting me down grrrrrrl.

I'm starting a (VERY simple) shawl myself - started it like 7 times, frogged it. Starting again tomorrow.

It's the YOs doing me in. (I'm sucha beginner.)

:P

Just-Chuck

9:53 PM  
Blogger elinor said...

Mystery stole love! I'm having such a ball knitting it without any idea what's going to happen. And your box bag looks great. ^_^ Also, I'm desperate for the Embossed Leaves sock pattern. Can I borrow that IK book some time?

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home