Friday, May 25, 2007

Finished Baby Sweater

baby sweater

Little Chuckles Cardigan from Simply Knitting Magazine
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Taupe and Lake
Needles: Knitpicks Options Circulars US4
Model: LL Bear

Back of baby sweater

I still need to track down some good buttons for this, but for the most part - it is finished! I love love love the Cotton Ease, and I really want a sweater for ME out of it. The pattern... well, the pattern was pretty irksome.

Problems.... the stitch count on the sleeves and the body did not match up. Jolene seamed the sweater for me (THANKS JOLENE!) and had to do some finagling to get everything to fit correctly into place. She did a great job. I'm sure if I had attempted it, there would be a very lumpy sweater on display right now. There was also issue with the ribbing not matching up at the seams. Instead of K2P2 ribbing, at the seams there are four purl rows together, so it's more like K2P4K2P2 ribbing. I was also irritated when I went to knit on the button bands. The instructions say to knit four rows, but the pictures of the sweater in the magazine clearly show eight rows. I knit six rows.

But all in all, it's a pretty cute sweater. And it was fairly quick to knit up. I'm a little concerned that the unborn baby this is destined for will be too big to wear it. The last baby these people gave birth to came out the size of your average linebacker. He was gigantic and still is - 2 years later. Hopefully baby brother will come out an appropriate baby size! Or atleast LL Bear sized!

Baby Sweater

I got a little crafty this afternoon and made myself a little project bag.
a little sock bag
My seams are wonky and my attempt at making a reversible bag didn't work so well, but it's perfectly functional. It currently contains a jaywalker sock in progress that I started this morning. I have knitting ADD again. (again? still?) I started another baby sweater yesterday, I started a sock today, I seriously want to cast on for either another felted bug or a different pair of socks, and I'm still working on my double bordered lace scarf. I can't seem to stick to one project right now.

I'm heading to the beach Sunday afternoon for a few days of sun and relaxation. I'm sure there will be plenty of knitting going on there! I hope you all have a great holiday weekend. Remember your sunscreen!

I leave you with this picture I took the other day and meant to share here.
Rainbow

We had a crazy little storm here last weekend that produced this amazing rainbow. Sadly I didn't have my camera with me so this was taken with my cell phone. In person, the colors in the rainbow were so amazingly vibrant. And I could see the entire rainbow from end to end. It was breathtaking. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but there was a second fainter rainbow. Soooo pretty!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater came out SO GREAT!!!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Adorable sweater! Have fun at the beach.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

What a darling little sweater! You realize that I ran over to Michael's the day after you told me where to get the cotton ease - and I'll be going back for more.

5:38 PM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Great sweater! I like that it's not typical "baby" colors... the taupe is a nice addition. :)

6:04 PM  
Blogger Pheelya said...

That is adorable!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Very cool color combination for the sweater. I too like things that don't look like they're for a baby either in color or style. As for your rainbow picture - I've only seen that full double effect twice before, both were right here in Columbia, MD. Once there was a partial third rainbow barely visible.

Our street names may be weird, but we live in a charmed land.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Great sweater!! Adorable model by the way!! ;)

Cute little bag as well. First attempts are never perfect but they are a nessecary evil!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

What a cute sweater! I have made a few kids sweaters from Cotton Ease and they hold up really, really well!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home