Monday, May 21, 2007

All the cool kids are doing it

To distract you from the fact that I am feeling too lazy to take pictures of knitted objects at the moment, I will respond to the Meme that Minty tagged me with last week. There have been a few variations of this particular one popping up all over blogland lately, but I have been tagged with the 7 Random Facts meme.

1. I am the youngest of 5 children. I am very much the baby of the family, in both good and excessively irritating ways! My eldest brother died 12 years ago and I still miss him so much it hurts. He was 16 years older than me and always swore that he raised me from birth.

2. I don't like seafood. Apparently, many people see this as a character flaw. But really, if it resides primarily in water, I don't want to eat it. A few years ago, I tried crab, lobster, salmon and scallops - just to see if it was perhaps a childhood dislike that I had outgrown, but NO, I still do not like seafood. Even the smell makes me queasy.

3. I have 9 surgical scars on my body. Let's just say I'm a little accident prone and I no longer have an appendix.

4. Pretty much every day of my life, I fantasize about moving out west someday. I love mountains.

5. I am terminally late. I think it is a genetic flaw. At my grandmother's funeral, my uncle gave the eulogy. The first thing he said was "Well, I guess we were all wrong, she wasn't late to her own funeral." So I just see it as a matter of DNA and not a personal problem! The only time I am not late is when I am travelling somewhere by airplane. In that case, I want to get to the airport the ridiculously early.

6. Despite my love of The Poodle, I am really a cat person. I think I could become a crazy cat lady very easily. But my housemates disapprove of the felines, so I have a poodle instead.

7. I am completely grossed out by crickets. Especially the really icky brown ones. The hopping freaks me out. But I'm not grossed out by grasshoppers and their hopping. I know, it's strange.

Random enough?? So, I tag Jolene, Jen and Diane.

I have FO's to show, but like I said... too lazy!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jolene said...

I would play but I took down the blog. Sorry! I will be up again sometime down the line.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate crickets too...I wonder what it is about them that makes them so gross. Ewww.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

My grandmother WAS late to her own funeral. She was buried on the Eastern Shore but lived here before she died, and we hit traffic going from the funeral home to the cemetary.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

well, your dislike of seafood means more crab cakes for me i guess! :)

so what's keeping you from moving out west?

9:22 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

The animals pics are sooooooo CUTE!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home