Saturday, April 21, 2007

Bonjour Mes Amis!

Genvieve

Je m'appelle Genvieve. Je suis très français, non?

C'est mon ami Joyce. Elle n'est pas très française, mais je la tolérerai de toute façon !
Joyce

Joyce and Genvieve

I think every farm needs a French pig, don't you?

My farm is almost complete. I still need to make the goose. And Joyce is supposed to be surrounded by baby chicks, but I don't have any fluffy yellow yarn in my stash (yet!) But here's the gang so far.
Farm crowd

The Farm Animals That Saved The World!
The above picture reminded me of that scene in Armageddon....

armageddon

It's the Farm Animals that saved the world!!! (Yes, I know... I'm strange.)

(Thanks to Amie for helping me find the Armageddon picture!)

Anyway... details...
Genvieve is made out of some Knitpicks Palette I had in my stash. Joyce is made out of the leftover Briar Rose from my Monkey socks. Joyce took about an hour from cast-on to gluing on her eyes. Genvieve took longer!

I have to say... I love these animals! They are so quick and easy to knit. And extremely addictive. I want MORE!

And in the land of the not- so- quick knitting, we have this:
Finished left front of Arwen Cardigan

Check that out! It's an entire front half of an Arwen Cardigan! I'm so impressed with myself. I've actually completed 2/3's of a sweater! And I have already knit a large chunk of the right front half too! Yay!

I've been a little concerned that the sleeves are going to be too tight, but I did some measuring and I think I will be ok. I think a little hard core blocking should do the trick.

I've set a little goal for myself. I want to have this DONE by MD Sheep and Wool, which is two weeks from today. I think I can do it. I hope I can do it. And selfishly, I'm hoping it will be cool enough for me to wear it to Sheep and Wool! Ok, so that last part is fairly improbable, but there was snow in April, so I can hope for a cool day in May. C'mon... I know all you knitters are hoping for the same thing... you want to show off your hand knits too!

I am mentally obsessed with Sheep and Wool lately. I have a mental shopping list going. Of course, there is nothing I actually need, but plenty that I want! I can't wait!!!

I'm off to bed. Big things happening in the next few days.... Tomorrow is my Dad's 80th birthday! We are having a fairly low key celebration for him. Just a small family lunch together. And on Monday, my pal Jill is getting hitched! Fun, fun, fun!!!

18 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Quelles jolies, les animaux!

(Can't wait to see that Arwen!)

2:31 AM  
Blogger laura said...

Your farm is rather cute. :)

I am hoping for a cool MSW as well, just so I don't get sunburned like last year.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything about this post amuses me! I love the frechn speaking pig, I love the farm animal comparison to Armageddon, and I love that you want it to be cold enough to wear wool at sheep and wool.

Your Arwen looks amazing all laid out. Congrats.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

How nice of Genvieve to tolerate Joyce, despite her lower class upbringing! She should tolerate her, you know, because Joyce cracks me up.

Grab me after the cruise - I might have a chick or two worth of really nice stuff for you...

3:31 PM  
Blogger BrownPants said...

Arwen is looking fantastic! And god your farm photos crack me up! Awesome!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this ever-growing farm!!! what will you do with them (if anything) when they're all done?

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - the scene from Armageddon is just a scream - priceless, really! I'm so in love with your farm animals, they're so absolutely cute and adorable! And that French speaking pig! And my gosh, Arwen looks so fabulous too - I'm totally impressed by your work!

3:25 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

qu'elle est belle, genevieve!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

What a farmyard! And Arwen is looking great. I wouldn't be surprised if the weather cooperates for you at MD S&W- two years ago I know I thought it was pretty chilly.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

what a great group! if anyone could save the world, it would be a barnyard....(just look at how well they did in Animal Farm!) :)

can't wait to see you sporting Awen at S&W - we'll need to get a pic of Arwen and Turkish Stockings together - :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

What a nice menagerie you've got going. They are so cute together. I was thinking the line-up picture reminded me of Reservoir Dogs though ... which would make them less likely to save the world. :)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Everytime I see those farm animals, I smile...just so so cute!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

When I saw the armageddon comparison - I literally spit Diet Coke on my computer! Too funny! Your little farm is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.

I need to get my butt in gear and finish my sweater too! Sheep and Wool is a good goal - not sure I'll make it - but it's worth a try!

1:10 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Oo, Arwen is looking so pretty!!

What a fun little farmyarn, er, farmyard! =)

4:03 PM  
Blogger pen & purl said...

Great farmyard animals! I've just finished a cow and can't wait to knit the sheep and pig.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The farm animals are incredibly cute! And I'm hoping for at least cool-ish weather (but sunny) for MSWF.

I can't wait! I, too, am very excited about the festival and have started reviewing the list of vendors in order to hatch a plan. See you at the knitters/knitbloggers meet-up on the hill, right?!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

OOOOOhhh! Are those the animals from the two issues of the UK Knitting magazine??? I must know... PLEASE

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Bonjour to you too! And the farm animals DID save the world.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home