Saturday, March 17, 2007

Monkey Heaven
Completed Monkey Socks

After my post yesterday about my plethora of UFO's, I decided to hunker down and finish my Monkey Socks. I worked on it during my show last night and was ready to graft the toe by the time I got home.

Monkey Socks
Yarn: Briar Rose Sweet Freedom - a fabulous gift from Carolyn (with help from Maryse!)
Needles: well..... I started them magic loop, two at the same time on a size 2 circular, but I changed to size 1 DPNS for the heel through the toe. It was a good decision to switch needle size. They would have been too big in the foot if I had stayed on the size 2's.
Monkeyfications: I did an extra pattern repeat for a longer leg.

Monkey sock detail

I like them and I'm happy to have them done!

So, what the hell with the crazy weather yesterday??? The 70° spring weather on Thursday, gave way to this:

poodle in the snow

The Poodle loved it, but as much as I LOVE snow, I could have done without this mess! Driving to work last night was completely horrendous. I passed four cars that had slid off the road. When I got to the theatre, I found out that one of the cars I passed was one of the actors. Fortunately, he and his car were both fine, but it was scary. He said he just completely lost control and went sliding into a ditch.

The roads are much clearer today, but it is still cold and windy out. Maybe spring will come back again next week!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Good thing everyone was ok - we got about 10" of snow here!!! Nuts! The dogs are really loving it.

Socks look great - I love how you can still see the variegation and the pattern.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the socks! The snow/sleet was something else. Last night friends and I made the walk from dinner to the subway and slipped and slid and battled the sharp little daggers of sleet in our eyes!

6:44 PM  
Blogger KT said...

woo socks!

9:01 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

No snow over here, just some ice on my car. Thank goodness...people around here act really crazy when it snows.

Lovely monkey and Monkeys! Those are on my list of upcoming projects.

10:10 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

I love the socks, and the yarn you picked is just beautiful!

http://nhknittingmama.blogspot.com/

11:05 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

I really like those socks! and such cute photos too with the Monkey and the banana :)

Argh - this snow pissed me off. I want spring NOW!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Now, look, I told you to fix the weather, and you didn't.

I don't want to have to tell you again.

Even if you are enjoying taking pictures of "poodles gone wild", the weather needs to be adjusted, that's all there is to it.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Your Monkey's look amazing! I love the photo with the banana!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

The title of this post reminded me of one of my favorite Pixies songs where they sing "this monkey's gone to heaven." In any case, I love the socks. It's great how the pattern doesn't fight the variegation, it flows with it.
Ugh, the ice was yucky but thankfully it was gone pretty quickly. It should be in the 60's/70's by the end of the week!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

great monkey socks....love the way you took the pic!! LOL

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! They look really pretty. I started a pair for myself on Sunday, and the first sock is going lightning fast so far. Might be all the driving time (see "visiting colleges"), but I'm 2 repeats away from a toe. =D I love your colors, and I love that monkey!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heee, cute little poodle prints in the snow.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home