Friday, February 09, 2007

What I am knitting.....


baby kimono

What I should be knitting.....
should be working on this!
PPS #2

I kinda snuck that baby kimono in on you, didn't I? Yeah, I started that yesterday in a moment of insanity. There are a few pregnant people in my life, so I decided to make a baby kimono. The insane part is that I just found out that one couple actually just miscarried. I am so incredibly sad for them. They are not people I am particularly close with, but I've known them for years, and they were both so excited to be pregnant. The news is devestating. The woman told me the whole story yesterday, we were both crying. Since she first found out she was pregnant, she kept saying "you'll have to make us a baby apple hat!" and I promised I would. After she told me yesterday that she lost the pregnancy, she said "One day, you will make me a baby apple hat."

So, I'm not really sure why I felt this need to knit a baby kimono immediately. But I did. I've been working on it insanely since yesterday and expect to finish it soon. I'm not really sure which pregnant couple I will give it to. I had my friend N. in mind when I started it, but he came bounding into work yesterday and told me that they are having a girl. So, I'll probably give this to C. whose wife is having a boy in March. N's baby isn't due until June or July, so I have some time to make something girly for them. There is a third couple that is due in June too, so I have that on the list too.

But I'll save knitting any baby apple hats until the right time.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

That baby kimono is sooooo cute!!!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's really sad. One of my nieces lost a baby last year and has just announced she is pregnant and now over 3 months. I hope all goes well for your friends.

And yes, you will make them an apple hat one day!

5:19 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

thanks for reminding me about the baby kimono. i have a friend carrying twins and the shower's at the end of the month.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I can't wait til you finish that pink sock for me!

Been thinking about you this week - I think you got me sick through cyberspace!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

that's too bad...but, it will be nice when you can knit that apple hat for them!

the kimono is super cute!!!

4:50 PM  
Blogger KT said...

That's sad about the baby. I hope they can find some comfort and grow stronger together.

The kimono is cute! And there is no "what I should knit" - no such thing! You knit what you want when you want it!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I love that M-D book - I made one of those for a friend of mine. They are so cute!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I love that kimono!! Baby knits are so sweet!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home