Friday, January 19, 2007

Happy Blogiversary!

Yep, today is the day. One year ago today I started this crazy blogging thing! It's amazing to think of all that has happened in the past year in my knitting life. I have met sooo many cool people, gone to my first fiber festival, knit countless socks and other items, learned many new skills, and have made many new friends. I have loved every single minute of it. So, in honor of this occasion, I'm going to participate in that time honored knit blogger tradition and have a little give away. Leave me a comment between now and Sunday, January 21st and you will be put into a drawing for some fibery goodness. I don't know exactly what the prize will be yet, but it will be yarn! I'm really interested to see how many of you lurkers come out of the woodwork for this! Comment away!! Winner will be announced on Monday, the 22.

I got a present from my Dad in the mail yesterday.
Knitlites

He was so cute about it. He told me he found these at the craft store and thought of me immediately. He thought they would be perfect for knitting in the lightbooth at work! I didn't have the heart to tell him that I've knit with them before. He was just so proud of himself for finding them for me.

light up knitting needles
They are fun to play with!

I finally finished my Trekking Jaywalkers the other day.
finished jaywalkers
finished jays
jays
They came out a little too big, but they sure are pretty! They did soften up a bit with washing, but they aren't nearly as soft as the other pair of Trekking socks I made. Hopefully more washing and wearing will do the trick.

I am impatiently waiting for two yarn orders to arrive in the mail. I want to start a sweater!! I keep checking the mail, but so far, no luck. It's frustrating!!! I've finally decided to try a sweater, and I don't have the yarn yet. Grrrrr.

In the meantime, I have cast-on for not one but two small projects.
pretty purple and green

A pair of toe-up socks using the GORGEOUS handspun that Amie gave me for my birthday. It is sooo pretty and even more pretty knowing that she spun it! I'm just doing simple toe-up socks, no real pattern. I don't want any stitch design to interfere with the pretty colors of the yarn.

I also just cast on for a Tychus hat.
tychus beginnings`


A friend of mine has been bugging me to knit him a hat. He specifically requested merino or cashmere. Well, cashmere is a little out of my budget, but I did buy some Jo Sharp Silkroad which is a wool/cashmere/silk blend. And despite the fact that he is male, I'm going to trust that he will not throw this in the washing machine. He did offer to pay me to do this, but this will be a gift. I got this yarn the last time I was at the beach, but it has been so ridiculously warm here in MD, a knit hat seemed a little unnecessary. But the temperatures have fallen, so I figured I better start knitting!

There are rumors of snow in the forecast for the weekend. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I doubt it will be anything significant, but I really would like to see a little snow this winter!

15 Comments:

Blogger Jolene said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!
I dig the socks.

4:03 PM  
Blogger knit_tgz said...

Happy blogiversary! I love the socks, too! I am a lazy Jaywalker, though, as I started a pair months ago and it is forgotten in a bag...

(you can look for the forgotten Jaywalkers somewhere in my blog: knittingthrough.blogspot.com )

4:10 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

happy blogiversary!!!! Those socks are amazing! She spun that??? The trekking ones came out great - they do soften up with wash/dry and wear - I'll bring mine when I come down and we should get a #100 pic with both our pairs! :)

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary to you! I started one but have only added one post. Oh well that's just me. But I do enjoy yours! The socks are cool.
CAm

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary. I love the socks! And Aime's yarn, and that hat. (Cant wait to hear how you like it in the silkroad.) Once again I am visiting a blog, and being reminded of not only one but two patterns that I saw, liked, (even printed out), and meant to knit. Thanks for the inspiration. I may even cast my Jaywalkers on again.

6:31 PM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Yay, blogiversary!

The Jaywalkers look great!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Happy blogiversary! I thought that was a very thoughtful gift from your Dad - and so apt. Lighting and knitting - they go together so well.

6:19 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

happy blogversary -- what a cute thing you dad did.

8:05 AM  
Blogger brsmaryland said...

Happy 1st Blogiversary!
Very sweet of your dad to send you those needles. It's nice when family members pay attention to our 'likes.'
I'm knitting jaywalkers too. It's cool to see how they knit up in different kinds of yarns.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Congrats on the blogivesary! Love the jaywalkers, such pretty colors. And ohhh, nice dad.

3:25 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Oh, that's so sweet of your dad!
Socks look great as always!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Happy blogiversary!!

I can't believe how sweet your dad is to think of your knitting! I love that!!!! :)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Happy Blogiversary....love the socks! My one year is in 6 days..woo-hoo!!!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rawk! Happy blogiversary. ^_^ Jaywalkers are absolutely my favourite thing to knit. Yours look awesome! Cheers.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Uh... do I get a prize for being borderline comatose and not having the strength to read blogs for a week?

Your jaywalkers are lovely, I still think the light up needles would go great glued on your forehead to match your backpack, and HOLY COW is that handspun fabulous! I mean, seriously, I'm just blown away with the skill and sheer brilliance in technique...

Oh, okay.

But I've known you for almost a year now, and I am so blessed to have you in my life - you are a treasure. Love you!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home