Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Finishing the hat
(anyone besides Amie or Katie know what that line is from?)

So last night at knitting group, I was discussing what to get for a friend of mine for Christmas. After much helpful input from the group, I decided that I wanted to make him a hat. However, since I am in Icarus crunch time, I would just cast one on, wrap it up and tell him that I would finish it for him next week .

Then, Laura pulls out some yarn she just bought at Joann's. It was Patons SWS. I loved it!(Laura has a nice review of it over on her blog.) It is a soy/wool blend that is self striping and super soft. Of course as soon as knitting group was over, I headed over to Joann's and bought a ball.

Like I said, my intent was to cast on, maybe knit a couple rows and then wrap the unfinished product.

I cast on at 8 p.m., right before Act one of my show

I cast off at 10:30 p.m., about 20 minutes before the end of Act two.
Adam's hat

And now I will be sleeping with my wrist brace on because OW - fast knitting hurts!

I took these pictures with my cell phone, so the colors aren't really true. They are a tad lighter in real life. And not nearly so yellow/goldish - the yellow parts in the picture are actually more tan.
Modeling the hat
Simple hat - didn't use a pattern, but bothered Amie and Laura for assistance in the process!
Needles: Takumi 16" circulars, size US 10 - Next time, I would go with a smaller needle. This knit up a little loose.
Yarn: Patons SWS (Soy Wool Stripes) in Natural Navy

Again... Love love love this yarn!

Now back to my regularly scheduled Icarus knitting....

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Needles on Fire!!!

2:06 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Very nice! I liked the SWS, I made 2 pair of Fuzzy Feet from it. (Don't forget to remind your recipient not to throw it in the wash, the SWS felts wonderfully :))

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made Lady Eleanor for my mom for Christmas with it out of the "Natural Earth" colorway and absolutely love it, too!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Nice - that is one of my favorite SWS colors - I'd love to make a Lady E out of it....so cute! I guess we're the "fast hat" twins this week!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Wow...good for you. Hey, I wear those wrist braces too when I've overdone!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Bah, you're no fun! I wanna play Guess the Reference!

The hat is great! One of my interns has gotten me fondling that yarn and I finally picked up two skeins of the Denim color and was thinking of making a hat with them! It is sooo soft!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I just cast on for My So Called Scarf last night with that same exact yarn!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home