Friday, November 24, 2006

I'm FREEEEEEEE!!!

theatre sights
theatre stuff!

The show is FINALLY open. I am done with my two weeks in tech hell. For some stupid reason, it has become "tradition" for us to open a show on Thanksgiving Day. It sucks. I am always stunned at the number of people who decide to spend their holiday at a dinner theatre. Trust me, if I had any choice in the matter, I wouldn't be there!

The week actually didn't suck as bad as I thought it would. There were some huge problems with the show that had nothing to do with lighting, so I had it fairly easy. We were in amazingly good shape lighting wise. So I spent many hours doing nothing and getting paid for it. Love that. The lighting designer and I played Scrabble against each other on our Palm Pilots a lot. We were being terribly professional!

I'm going to be very diplomatic and say.. This show is not my favorite. (I'm being very very diplomatic!) Fortunately, it is a fairly short run, so I won't have to suffer through it for too long.
Hopefully the audiences will appreciate it for the holiday fluff that it is. I'm really interested to see what the critics think! (I know it's horrible of me, but I enjoy a bad review!)

After the show I headed over to my Aunt and Uncle's house for Turkey Day. I really wanted to just go home, crawl into bed and watch cheesy holiday movies instead of suffering the family holiday(two weeks of tech I tell you!), but I sucked it up and went to join the family. It's always nice to see my cousins, so for that, it was worth it.

Before
Before the carnage

After
the family


Before
Maggie

After
sleepy puppy

That's my cousin's puppy Maggie. So cute! And very lucky. She was found wandering around a dump in Texas. She was very skinny and sick. A friend of my cousin's found her and took her in. Then my cousin adopted her. She is currently living with my aunt and uncle where she is thriving and getting pampered! And despite her incessant need to chew on my fingers, she was remarkably well behaved.

Despite the large chunks of free time during tech week, I didn't knit a whole lot, but I did get a little done on the Hedera socks.
hedera to the toe

I'm closing in on the toes! I think I might be able to get these finished by the end of the weekend. It's going to be hard to give these away. I love them. I hope my sister loves them too!
hedera detail

I'm going to go back to enjoying my day of NOTHING. I don't have to be anywhere until 5 pm. I fully intend to be a complete slug for the rest of the day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puppies!!!! Glad you had a fun Turkey Day and tech wasn't too crazy! (Although, nothing is really more boring than having to be somewhere and not really having anything to do!)

I had three days off at Thanksgiving, but then had to come back and do four in the past 48 hours. The fifth one is this afternoon, and then I am crashing! A holiday movie marathon sounds perfect!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Looks like you have a great Turkey day and survived tech week! (looks like some interesting stuff for props!!)

The Hederas look wonderful.....glad the pup didn't chew your fingers off - she is certainly a lucky one!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Thank you for my BEAUTIFUL birthday song. Fortunately for you we only look like sisters (well, that's unfortunate for you, too) because if we were actual kin I'd have to post the song on my blog.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home