Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pistachio Chip
Yarrow rib
finished sock

Yarrow Ribbed Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
Yarn: Pistachio Chip from Mama E's C*Eye*Ber Fiber
Needles: Addi Turbo US2 40" circular
Knit magic loop/two at the same time
Started: October 13, 2006
Finished October 22, 2006

When I saw this colorway on Mama E's site, I knew I had to have it. Love love love it. (I'm a big fan of green.) These socks were a super quick knit. The Yarrow Rib pattern is simple but works well with a striped yarn. I made them pretty long in the leg. They are a little big on me, just a little, but I'm hoping they might tighten up a bit after a washing. And they are sooo comfortable! Perfect for this crazy cold fall weather!

My Addis were not lying dormant for very long. Yesterday on the subway to the zoo, I cast on for the Pembrokeshire Pathways Socks. I had originally started to knit these with the Pistachio Chip yarn, but I found that the colors competed with the pattern too much. I got some Knit Picks Palette in the yarn swap, so I used that to begin these socks. I'm really happy with them so far.
stitch detail

I just love the little baby cables!

tiny little cables

I haven't decided who these socks are for. Possibly for me, possibly for my sister for Xmas. Obviously, these are going to be some seriously 'girly' socks. I'm not really sure how my sister will feel about girly pink lacy socks. She's in her 50's, so I don't really think she does girly anymore! But I guess I will finish them before I make a decision. She may just love them.

I've been having serious issues with the calendar lately. I found out Friday evening that November is NEXT WEEK. I knew that I have to open a children's show on November 2, but I swear I thought November wasn't for another TWO weeks. How did this happen??? Where did October go?? Suddenly, I am extremely busy!

I have spent the last two months sitting on my ass doing nothing, and now suddenly I'm drowning in work. Work (read: money) is definitely a very good thing, but wow... I have to open four shows between now and Thanksgiving. Four and a half if you count the fact that I have to re-cue the lights for the children's show the weekend after Thanksgiving. I will be in tech for two solid weeks. We open a show at the Baltimore theatre the week before Thanksgiving, and then go immediately into tech for the Columbia show which opens on Thanksgiving day.

And tomorrow, I go into tech for a show at another theatre that I am helping out with as a favor to our lighting designer. She is leaving for Scotland on Thursday, so I am going in as her stunt double. She's hoping to have everything done before she leaves, so I will just be there in case they need to change anything before opening. Hopefully, nothing will change!

The one good thing about November occurring in a week.... STITCHES!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, pistachio socks.
The pink socks are great. I love the pattern!
Good luck on your shows.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

don't even mention that it is almost November. I'm still back in June.....

the socks came out great! I think the simple rib works perfect for those. The Pembrokshire Pinks also are so pretty! I like you have a close up - the pattern should have one also!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

It is not almost November.

isnotisnotisnotisnot

You just stop your nasty lies

(but I like pink socks. You know. If you can't decide who to make them for, or if you make them too small and wide for a normal person, or something...)

2:57 PM  
Blogger KT said...

It's that time of year, hon. All the holiday shows are starting up. I had my "oh $%^#" moment the other day when I realized that we start teching Seussical in a week and a half.Where DID October go??

The socks look great, of course! =)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I love both socks. The pistachio pair is fun and the pink dainty ones are a great combination of yarn and pattern. Very nice!

I am so looking forward to Stiches. I've never been to anything like it before.

12:01 PM  
Blogger BrownPants said...

Well those socks look like they'd be great for running around like a maniac and getting things done! If you've gotta be busy, do it in style! Love the colours :)

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home