Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Escape

Centennial Lake

In an effort to get out of the house and to escape the general gloom and doom going on in my life lately, I decided to head to Centennial Lake this afternoon for a little communing with nature. I brought my camera and my knitting and just sat on a park bench and enjoyed the beautiful day. No real knitting content today, so I hope you will enjoy some pictures instead.

butterfly

pinecones

boats
centennial lake

fence

Signs of fall



And just because this is a knitting blog:

Pomatomus

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pomatomus by the lake makes for a perfect day, I'd say!

Funny Centennial story: A few months ago, some rather crotchety relatives of my mom went to visit my parents. They went to DC to do some museums, but apparently they complained about all the walking. So they all left DC. But for some odd reason, once they were back in Columbia, my mom suggested they go for a walk around Centennial Lake, and they agreed, obviously not knowing what they were getting into. It's more than two miles around! I can't believe my mom did this to her relatives :)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Jolene said...

Very beautiful. We love to walk there.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I love Centenial Lake! I've been a few times when I was down there and the dogs and I would jog/walk around it...sigh...the perfect weather for it too!

Sock is looking great!

12:12 PM  
Blogger brsmaryland said...

Very pretty. I had thought all the butterflies were gone. Nice to see another one :-)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I just saw a commercial that made me think of you, for the MD Lotto. There's very ominous music playing, and somehow they work their way to the tagline, which is

BEWARE THE POODLE

(or something very close to that.)

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pics are so great.
I am not sure why I have never been to Centenial Lake, since I have lived in the area for 4 years...I am going to have to check it out.

10:01 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

beautiful photographs

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home