Saturday, September 23, 2006

Insanity Socks
finished Madder rib socks
Pattern: Madder Ribbed Sock from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Trekking XXL color 109
Needles: 40" US 1 Addis Turbos
magic looped, two at the same time.
Started: Sunday, September 17, 2006
Finished: Saturday, September 23, 2006

6 Days! Hence, the insanity title. I was obsessed with getting these finished. I have no idea why. And now, I'm paying for it because DAMN! My wrist hurts!

finished Trekking socks
(better representation of actual colors)

I am really happy with them. They are snuggly and warm. I followed the pattern as written - no mods. I just wanted a simple pattern that wouldn't interfere with the fabulous Trekking color changes. I would, however, like to know why I keep getting random non-conforming stripes in my socks.

Exhibit A
strange dye problem

Exhibit B
random light stripe

What's up with that?

Because I have had knitting OCD with these socks, I haven't worked on the Icarus Shawl at all this week. And since my wrist is complaining loudly right now, I'm going to rest it a bit tomorrow while I decide "what next." I will get back to the shawl soon as it will be a Christmas gift, but I like having a sock project going on the side. Hopefully, it will be a sock project that I will not be obsessed about! I have lots of thoughts about what I want to work on next.

So, I got to work the other day, and was very surprised to find this on top of my light board:
The Museum of Kitschy Stitches book

It was a little surprise gift from my friend Jill! Jill is not a knitter (I did teach her how to crochet a few years ago... I wonder if she still does it!) but she saw this and thought of me! And since I was not having the best day, it was a really nice treat. I haven't actually seen Jill in ages, so that made it even more of a surprise. Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with her and have lunch soon. The book, by the way, is really funny. There have been some really horrific fashion trends in the world of knitting over the years!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Wow - aren't you are the super speedy knitter! I have five pairs of socks started right now. I'll have to try doing two at once next time.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some incredibly speedy socks! I haven't finished a pair in months--but started ones are all over the house.

LOVE that a nonknitter saw Kitchy Stitches and thought of you, and bought it!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Wow, speedy socks! They look so comfy! Congratz!

How cool is the book? What a great friend!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home