Friday, August 11, 2006

Llama Llama Duck

llama llama duck

I figure since the Llama Song is currently eating my brain(again), I would share the love with you all!

I saw these fine feathered (and furry) friends at the Howard County Fair today. I was supposed to go yesterday with the ever fabulous Mama E, but sadly the weather was not cooperating. So I went today, dragging my very patient friend J. with me. He was very cool about me wanting to visit ALL the animals and see ALL the Home Arts entries.

Here's a little collage of sights from the fair.
Day at the Fair
If you would like to see each photo individually, you can go here for a slide show.

I'm a little bummed because I wasn't able to get any pictures of the pig races - which are just about the funniest thing ever. Really people, you haven't lived till you have witnessed the pig races. There were just too many people in front of me to get any decent pictures.

The last photo at the bottom right corner is Jolene's 1st prize shawl.
Jolene's prize winning shawl
Sadly, it is not displayed in all its glory. It seems that not a great deal of effort is made to display any of the entries in any flattering way. They are all kind of heaped on shelves with sheets of plastic over them for protection. Here's my sad little chicken. chicken under plastic

It looks a little like road kill the way they have it laying on the table. J. and I tried to at least flip the ribbon over so it was a little more visible, but it was impossible through the plastic wrap.

My elephant looked a little better in its saran wrap cocoon.elephant

I don't have any knitting photos to share. I'm in deadline knitting mode. I'm working on a birthday gift (Yes LL, it's for YOU!) which I am hoping to actually finish on time. And since it's a gift and since I KNOW LL lurks on my blog, there can be no pictures yet. I'm also really hoping to finish my Swallowtail shawl in time to enter the Maryland State Fair on the 21st.

Have a great weekend everyone! I will be knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane Doran said...

Congratulations on the ribbons! I'm glad they cover the needlework with plastic to protect it, but I've always thought it took away from the presentation.

10:21 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Have fun knitting this weekend! What a cutie elephant... I wonder if they wrapped everything so it wouldn't get grimy/stolen? You'd think they would have a better way to show off the work though!

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the llamas! Thanks for sharing all those great pics, it seems you had an awesome time at the fair! And congrats on the ribbons!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I am so glad it is fair season again! The food, the animals, the crisp air....yipee!

Looks like your chicken and 'phant did well! Great job!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, you're evil with the llama llama duck! I have to admit - every time I see llamas when I'm out on my bike, that song pops in my head. And now it'll be there all day. Great.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home