Thursday, July 20, 2006

Busy Week

Soooo tired. I think I have had a whopping 10 hours of sleep all week long. I'm not sure what my problem is. I am so exhausted, but when I climb into bed I'm suddenly wide awake. It doesn't help that the Poodle keeps waking me up. Sleepy girl!!!

This week started out GREAT. Knit night this past Monday was awesome. I know I'm not the only one who had a total blast. We had many new people join the fray. (Including a very sweet woman who I found crocheting at a table near us, so I invited her to come hang out with us.) Laura did a nice write up of the evening if you would like to read more about us crazy knittin' fools.

Lisa sent me a comment asking if anyone can come to our knit nights and the answer is an emphatic YES! Here's the info:

1st Monday of every month we meet at 7:00 p.m. at the Border's on 175 in Columbia. (we meet in the cafe)

3rd Monday of every month we meet at 7:00 p.m. at the Panera on Dobbin (in the plaza across the street from where the Border's is)

It's only fair to warn the faint of heart that we can be a fairly rowdy group. We laugh, we call each other Dirty Whore, we tell each other that our knitting style sucks... All good crazy fun!! Definitely - the more the merrier!

Since Knit Night, this has been my view:
100_2480

I've been stuck in tech for a teen camp production of Beauty and the Beast. This is the THIRD production of this show that I have done in a year and a half. I am so completely over this show. UGH! It was ok the first time, annoying the second time, and downright painful this time! I will be very happy to go back to my regular theatre next week and to NOT do B&B ever again.

I did manage to escape all manner of work last night and go to the Indigo Girls concert with my sister. This has become kind of a tradition for us. We've been going to see them every summer for many years now. Last night's concert was at Wolftrap which is a beautiful outdoor concert hall. They have both pavilion and lawn seating, but we always sit on the lawn.
100_2482
Look!  It's a GUY and an Indigo Girls concert!
Look! There's a GUY at an Indigo Girls concert!

They open the lawn an hour and half before show time and everyone brings picnics. My sister and I got some great food and wine from Marvelous Market and just hung out and enjoyed the music and the night. Of course I did some knitting on my Jays!
100_2489
Wine, cheese, yummy food, my sister, knitting and the Indigo Girls on a nice summer night. It was perfection.
Indigo Girls!
Teeny tiny Amy and Emily!


Here is a very important tip for anyone sitting on the lawn in the dark with 3000 other people:

If you have to leave your spot to go to the bathroom, be sure to put a bright green glowing necklace on your sister. Then you will be certain to find her in the dark when she is sitting in the middle of 3000 other people!
my big sister!

6 Comments:

Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Tech for teen camp theater... I don't envy you on that one.

Sounds like you had a great time at the concert! :)

12:59 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

The jays are looking great! Hopefully you can get some sleep and be rid of Beauty and the Beast soon!

The necklace is the best idea! I'll have to file that one away!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

10 hours of sleep for one week?? Ouch! I would be annoyed with doing tech on any show, whether I'd already had to help with it twice or not! (In fact, I'd be annoyed with just about anything that meant I wasn't sleeping, at that point.)

Glad you had a good time at the concert, though!

11:23 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Oh lord, we just closed Beauty and the Beast here. I was one of the lucky few who managed to not have anything to do with the show directly, but the horror stories! The SM hasn't even begun the healing process yet, she's still in shock (and tech for A Little Night Music, which doesn't help, poor thing). Just the thought of doing it with teenagers makes my teeth ache! I recommend a really good bottle of wine you don't have to split with anyone, some good chocolate/ice cream/both, and a comfy bed.

Concert sounds like a blast, and the Jays look great. You and your magic touch with socks! =)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Sorry I missed Columbia Knit Night. I am going to make it down again some time. Nothing is as fun as rowdy, bawdy knitters!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I'll have to remember that little trick with the green glowing necklace!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home