Thursday, August 03, 2006

Beware the scary faceless Stegosaurus!!!

Mr. Stegs

jurassic knitting

Even The Poodle bows down to the faceless Stegosaurus!

poodle attack

Pattern: Mr Stegs (link opens a pdf file) from xtreme knitting
Yarn: Cascade 220 color 9467
Needles: US size 6

Very quick, very fun knit. I haven't put a face on it yet because I'm very bad at embroidery on knitting. I'm never happy with how it turns out. Also, I need to go buy some black embroidery floss. I'm contemplating taking this to the beach with me and seeing if my dad would be willing to try putting the face on it for me. He's a crazy cross stitcher, so he can handle a needle and floss better than I can.

By the way... If anyone knows of a knitting pattern for a T-Rex can you let me know? My friend is bugging me for a knitted T-Rex.

I am pleased with how well the finishing turned out. I usually have issues with sewing all the pieces together, but this came out pretty well. I lined it with some purple fabric because the stuffing was showing without lining. I didn't sew the lining in, I just cut fabric in the basic shape I needed and held it in place while I sewed the seams and stuffed. I am contemplating making a second one and felting it - just to see how it turns out... I know it will be a more mini-Stegosaurus, but that might not be bad!

I'm actually a little torn about this dinosaur - tomorrow is the day to take in my entries for the county fair. Do I take the dinosaur or stick with the chicken? I'm still leaning towards the chicken.

It doesn't look like the state fair has a limit on how many stuffed toys you can enter, so I may just wait and bring him to the state fair instead. If there really is no limit, I will enter the chicken, the dinosaur and the sheep. Oh... and my crocheted elephant. (I really should take a picture of that since I keep talking about it!)

I am headed back to the beach this weekend, so I probably won't be blogging for a few days. I hope you all have a great weekend. I hear rumor that the heat is supposed to break a bit!

7 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Oh, thank goodness you warned me! That could have been terrifying! I felt much better knowing I was safe in my house and it couldn't get me.

If you have a limit, enter the chicken, only because it's your own modifications to the pattern, rather than a straight someone-else's pattern.

Hope we'll see you Monday!

8:15 AM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Too cute (even without a face)!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - thanks for the warning! :) I really love this little one, such a cute and quick knit! Great!

4:40 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Very cute! I hope you can enter them both, but I think I would still go for the chicken if it should come down to a choice.

Good luck!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Chicken!!!

I love Steggy - even faceless!

So jealous that you are at the beach....sigh...

9:15 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Go the Chicken - he's an animal with attitude.
For your T-Rex try Patons "Book 1227 - Dinosaurs" for Spinosaurus
Brontosaurus, Tyrannasaurus, Stegosaurus,Parasaurolophus,
Ankylosaurus, Triceratops and a
Pachycephalosaurus. It's sometimes listed on eBay.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Inquiring minds want to know - how did your knits fare at the fair??

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home