Tuesday, August 15, 2006

GRRRRRRRR....
MISTAKE

I don't know if you can see it, but there is a MISTAKE in my shawl. Right in the center of the picture. There is a yarn over or something missing. I'm not sure what the heck I did wrong. Now, I've ripped back many a stitch on this sucker, but there is no way in hell I'm ripping back to fix that. Despite the fact that it is driving me crazy. It didn't affect my stitch count, so it's staying. And everytime I look at this shawl, my eye will go directly to that spot. Grrrrr....

The happy news is that I just finished the 14 repeats of the "budding lace 2" chart. Finally. It was an incredibly simple chart, very easy to memorize and I was getting really bored with it. So I get to move onto a *NEW* chart tomorrow!

I have a week to finish this in time for the State Fair. Now that I've finished those 14 repeats, I feel a little more confident that I might accomplish this task.

Jolene was kind enough to pick up my HoCo fair entries for me. So I was able to take a better picture of the toys with their ribbons since they were finally released from their plastic tombs.

Ribbon winners

The elephant is propped up on a ball of yarn for photo purposes. (Classic Elite Provence, to be exact!) The pink papers hanging off the backs of the toys are their "score cards." The elephant's score card said that one of the legs is loose - completely true, but since I decided to enter it at the last minute, I didn't really check to see if it needed any attention. It also said "nice ears" um...ok.

The chicken report card said that it had loose threads (again, true - I really need to work on my finishing skills) and "cute toy."

I also received my BIG winnings check.
my big winnings

Hmmm... I think I'll invest it in some gasoline.

On Saturday, I went to Samantha's lemonade stand. It was a huge success! Pictures are here. The weather was absolutely perfect and everyone seemed to have a great time!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Wow! $4.50! At the fairs around here you get ribbons and that's about it! Something is better than nothing I guess.

Too bad about the lace - I couldn't see the boo-boo, but I have not looked at much lace at all! It looks very pretty to me! :)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

No one told me there was prize money involved. Rats! I may need to revise my thinking next year. Maybe then I can buy more of that ice cream that they dip in chocolate.

1:49 PM  
Blogger aija said...

I don't see it either!

Yay for 4.50!! :) I think its neat to see the comments, but I geuss it'd be better if they were a little more constructive, eh?

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly can't see any mistake either - but I know that YOU see it and that it's bothering you... These YOs are certainly a pain in the back!
And yay for the $4.50!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

That is so cool...I would love to win a ribbon or something for something I've made....I guess it would be helpful if I entered something!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore the elephant. It's way cute.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home