Sunday, October 01, 2006

I knit WHAT?

I can't even discuss it

Oh yeah... I made that! Give a girl two skeins of icky Red Heart acrylic and a few hours to kill and look what happens. It's ok if you need to avert your eyes. I understand.

On Saturday, I went to visit Amie who was demonstrating Knit Lite light up knitting needles at the AC Moore Yarn Event.
Amie at AC Moore's yarn event

Now, I don't know about you, but when I sit down at a table, and there are needles and yarn to play with - I start knitting. Nobody said it had to be pretty or functional! Amie on the other hand, did make a pretty and functional knitted item.
Amie's looong scarf

I especially like how she joined the two balls of yarn.
cool color join

We won't talk about my color changes or joins...
It's acrylic, sooo pretty.

Haaaa! I made you look at it twice!

While I was there, I won one of the hourly raffles they were having at the store. Did I win a new knitting bag? Nooooo. Did I win yarn? Nooooo. Did I win a set of light up knitting needles? nooooo.

I won a hat.
High fashion

flintstones

Anyone see the resemblance?

Fortunately, there was a little girl running around who thought the Dino hat was sooo cool. So she became it's proud owner. I might add that she also thought my pink and black knit blob was pretty cool too. Ah, the fashion tastes of those crazy 7 year olds!

As to the light up knitting needles... they were pretty cool. I don't think it's something that I will ever need to own, but they might actually come in handy for knitting in the light booth during a show. My only complaint was that they were a little long. I had to do the traditional "stick the needle in your armpit" knitting that is so popular.

So, did ya know it's time for Socktoberfest? It's my first! I've got some thoughts about what I want to make. But I am not allowed to cast on new socks until I finish the ever lingering Pomatomus. I've been working on the second one forever. I don't know why this sock is vexing me so much. It hates me. There has been much ripping and re-knitting. I knit my Madder Rib socks in 6 Days. 2 socks... 6 days! But I can't finish this stupid Pomatamus. I finished the first one in APRIL. So that is my current, short term, Socktoberfest goal. Finish the damn Pomatomus!

8 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

I look more like my cartoon character than you do yours. But then, you didn't show the side view of the hat... :P

9:29 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

ahh one woman's trash is another little woman's treasure. ;)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

I always knew you reminded me of someone - Pebbles!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

The hat was so cute! :) Too bad you didn't keep it....

11:27 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I will be going to the VA Fall Fiber Fest also! Maybe I will see you there :)

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be bold and say it -- that pink and black knitted *cough* thing is really scary, really, really scary. But I have been scared of Red Heart for a long time. Am I weird if I have dreams that I am being chased by skeins of Red Heart yelling "knit me, Knit meeeeeee!"

12:51 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Simply MAAAAVALAS!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Glenna C said...

hi! I found your blog while searching for other Pomatomus-ers. I'm working on my first pair right now and it's kicking my ass - but I'm stubborn and determine to finish before the end of October! I hope yours go well.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home