Saturday, October 21, 2006

Yeah, I didn't go either.

It's a beautiful fall day. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of yarn crazed knitters enjoying the fun and fiber at Rhinebeck today. Me? No such luck. I've been home all day being a total slug. I watched "Bring It On", ate way too much candy corn, played Scrabble online and knitted. Eventually, I will have to drag my sorry ass to work. I'm cranky and I'm cold. And I'm not in New York buying way too much yarn. Grrrrrr.

I am however, getting some quality Socktoberfest knitting time. I am almost done with a pair of socks that I started at Mama E's birthday party last week. I don't want to show them off until I am done with them, so I will just give you a little peek for now.
perfect heel

pistachio heel

That my friends, is what has to be the most perfect heel I have ever knitted. NO HOLES! It is a German heel from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. I have become a big fan of the simple ribbed sock patterns from this book. This is my third pair from this book. The patterns work so well with variegated yarns. (Speaking of Nancy Bush, be sure to check out Lolly's interview with her!)

I am having serious issues with wanting to start new projects. I want a new scarf, I want to make the Pembrokeshire Pathways Socks (you'll have to look around the site for the pattern, for some reason, I can't get a direct link), I want to make more baby hats and a friend offered to trade me back massages for a knit hat (I already have a similar arrangement with a different friend. I made him an afghan for his mother for xmas several years ago and now I get back rubs whenever I want them - excellent deal.) (oh, and he's REALLY good at it!)

And none of this even takes into account the fact that I still have the Icarus Shawl to finish and the Pomatomus socks that I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED!

Yesterday I had lunch with a friend of mine whom I had not seen in AGES. We had a really nice time catching up - she truly is one of my favorite people and I'm sad I don't get to see her more often. I got to see her daughter who is about 20 months old and SO cute. As a christening gift, I made her a crocheted sheep. I was thrilled to see the sheep yesterday - it is dirty and ratty looking, obviously very well loved. I couldn't have gotten a better compliment! I just emailed her asking for a picture of the baby with the sheep, so hopefully I will be able to show you someday.

Well, I'm going to go back to pouting about Rhinebeck. I hope you all have a great weekend whether you are at Rhinebeck or not!

4 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Your heel does look perfect! I'm glad to hear that you love the simple ribbed socks from that book. I'm thinking of using one of the patterns for some self striping sock yarn I have!

Aw, it is such a great thing to see something you created being loved!! :)

11:26 PM  
Blogger BrownPants said...

You're rockin that sock heel!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Can I skulk about Rhinebeck with you? Hopefully everyone there had a good time... it sure seems like they did, it's posted everywhere one goes. Thank you for the sweater compliment. I want to send Mama E a late birthday present. It was one of those, "I meant to do it" things, but we were in moving limbo and I'm a natural born dingbat. She's always so nice to everyone. Your socks look great. Cheers!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I didn't go either - poo!

The socks you linked to are beautiful! I had earmarked that pattern a while back...so many patterns, so little time.

Isn't it such a great feeling to make a heel with no holes! Yipee! It looks great!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home