Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Bite My Crank!
(betcha thought I wouldn't!)

Happy Hween! It's my favorite holiday during my favorite time of year and I currently feel like someone stuffed yarn up my nose. So congested. Yuck. So I will be spending my Halloween at home being a sick slug. I'm actually ok with being a slug today as the rest of the week is pretty crazy for me. On Thursday, I have to work three different shows... in one day... in two different theatres. Good fun! I am definitely not complaining - I am happy to have work!

So today is the end of
Socktoberfest. I did not complete my Socktoberfest goal which was to finish my damn pomatomus socks. I really should just frog them and move on. I do really like the first one I made. I just can't seem to get the second one done. But I did start and finish the Pistachio Chip socks during Socktoberfest. And I am in the home stretch with my Pembrokshire sock.
Pembrokeshire progress

I was having some issues with the instructions and got very confused when it came time to knit the heel. But I suddenly realized "um... Hello! You know how to do a heel!" So I just improvised. I decided to try an "
eye of the partridge" heel. I think I messed something up in the middle, but it's fairly imperceptible.
Eye of the partridge heel
I did make a bigger mistake in that I should have rearranged the stitches before starting the heel.
missed purl stitches
There should be two rows of purl stitches to the left of that cable. But, I am not going back to fix it! Besides... How pretty is that gusset!

I've decided that these are going to be for me. Mainly because they are not superwash. So, I'm thinking I may make a second pair for my sister in a darker, less girly color in superwash. I will be hunting for the perfect yarn at
Stitches this weekend. I may change my mind about the pattern and do something different, but I definitely want to do a lace patterned sock in a solid color. I have a few other items on my shopping list for Stitches. I would like to find a variegated sock yarn in black and greys. And I will be hunting for Handmaiden Seasilk, though I think it may end up being a little cost prohibitive. We shall see!

Yesterday, I decided to whip up another baby hat to take to Stitches with me. They will be collecting baby hats for
Caps to the Capital. I tried to get The Poodle to model it for me, but she was not cooperating. So thankfully, Patrick stepped in.
Baby pom-pom hat modeled by Patrick

Patrick modeling a baby hat

Much to Amie's complete disgust, this hat is 100% acrylic! (She apparently breaks out in a terrible rash at the very thought of acrylic.) The yellow is Caron's Simply Soft and the rainbow yarn is probably Red Heart, though I'm not really sure. I'm going to try to make at least one more baby hat before Saturday. I bought the Caron's specifically to make a baby lemon hat, so I think I shall stitch that up soon.

I hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween! Here's a little Halloween fun for you.... I warn you, it's a little addictive!

Pumpkin Patch

My pumpkin is in the patch under "lightingchick" if you want to check it out! If you make one, let me know... I'd love to see it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

You and your yum-yum yellow hat mock my pain??? You know what you can do? As Eunny says....




now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go console my sweater. My Starmore is still feeling a bit queasy about being so close to acryllic....

5:37 PM  
Blogger KT said...

As usual, the sock is gorgeous! You really have a knack for them!

Simply Soft is underrated - I love that yarn (for a good light worsted, anyway). I wish they had more fun varigated colors in it. The hat is adorable no matter what it is made of, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! =)

3:52 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hee hee!! Patrick looks so cute in the hat! Sounds like you and Erin are battling the same germs! No infecting me this weekend! I got some great Koigu in black/grey/white varigated at MD this past year- color P312

The pink pemby's look wonderful - as long as you remember not to re-arrange your stitches on the second sock! :)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think patrick looks quite fetching in the clowny baby hat. You ought to let him keep it, and bring him to all of the knit knites as a mascott.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home