Friday, December 01, 2006

Pretty Hedera

finished hederas
Knitty's Hedera
Yarn: Tess superwash (I think the color is called "nutmeg")
Needles: Addi Turbo 40" circular, US size 1
Knit magic loop, two at the same time
started: November 4, 2006
finished: November 27, 2006

completed hedera
Hedera


I could not be more pleased with these. I think they are gorgeous and are going to make a great xmas gift. They took me forever to finish, but mainly because I was being a lazy knitter. The pattern was very easy to memorize and it was also very easy to catch mistakes early. I am going to be sad to give these away, but they are destined for my sister!

I had fully intended on having an outdoor photo shoot for these, but I haven't had a spare second of free daylight time to photograph them. I haven't had a day off in two weeks! And in the span of four days, I will have worked 10 performances of three different shows and four waiting shifts. I am exhausted!

Fortunately I am running away this weekend! YAY!

I will be here:
Kerry's house

Enjoying this view:
Kerry's view

That is my sister's beach house. It's actually on the bayside, but only 5 minutes from the beach. She has graciously offered it to me for the weekend. Originally, she had invited me to go with her, but sadly there was a death in her husband's family, so she can't go. But she told me that I can go anyways. While I am seriously bummed that she can't go, I am still ridiculously excited. A whole beach house all to myself for an entire weekend!!! Sanctuary! I will knit and read and knit and shop and knit and relax and knit... And I will visit the ocean and try not to freeze to death! And most importantly, I will NOT be at work!

I did a little research and supposedly the boardwalk will be lit up with Christmas lights. I LOVE Christmas lights. Christmas in general tends to stress me out, a lot. I know that's sad. I used to love Christmas, but in the past few years, the magic has dwindled for me. However, I am huge sucker for Christmas lights. I love going to see the houses where the people have gone completely mental and covered every square inch of their property with lights and light-up plastic reindeer and giant blow up santas. I also love the more simplistic approach with a single candle in every window. Every year I will happily fork over the $15 it costs to go through the local hospital's drive through lighting display, despite the fact that it is the same every year.

So, slap some Christmas lights on the boardwalk and I will be a happy girl!

I've never been to the beach in December before, so I'm sure it will be interesting!

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be on retreat!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks came out just as beautiful as I thought they would. I would have a hard time giving them away too!

Have a great weekend at the beach!

6:46 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

the socks kick ass. i love them too.

and i love going to the beach in the winter. the sea looks wild in a way it never does in the summer. plus you get the whole place to yourself.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

The socks are wonderful! I hope you have a fabulously relaxing time at the beach.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Those came out great - yay for Tess yarn!!

Oh- that beach house looks heavenly. All to yourself - amazing. You deserve it after all the work lately!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Beautiful socks! Have a wonderful weekend! I've always wanted to go the beach during the winter. Take lots of pictures of the lit-up boardwalk. I am a sucker for Christmas lights too, even just on blogland.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

The socks look great! I have had that pattern in line for a while - I may have to give them a whirl!

have fun at the beach!!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, vacation! You definitely deserve one!

Have a great time at the beach and maybe knit some pretty socks for yourself!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the Hederas, especially the color! I also like the collage of your pix. What program did you use?

2:16 PM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Have a fantastic time at the beach! You absolutely deserve some R&R! :)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I love the Symphony of Lights!

I look at those pictures and think "gorgeous socks, but her feet are awfully pointy..."

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really, really love your Hederas! They look amazing in this color - absolutely beautiful!

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you via Dipsy Doodle's blog. Your Hedera socks are gorgeous. I've been thinking about making this pattern for a while - now I will. Thanks for the inspiration. x
PS: I've added you to my bloglines and will come by each time you post.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home