Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!

cutey baby me!

Yep, it's official.... I'm old.

And since I'm old, I feel I'm allowed to torture you with baby pictures of me!

Daddy and me
Here, Daddy and I show off our giant craniums. Hello gene pool!

me and dad

I always have loved this picture. How cute are my matching coat and bonnet? I'm pretty sure this picture was taken on Easter so I think I'm about 16 months old or so.

My birthday
I think I'm three in this picture, maybe two. It's my birthday! And that's my birthday loot. Anyone recognize that baby doll? I feel like she had a name.... Crazy to think this picture was taken on this day, 30 some odd years ago. (um... yeah, I turn 39 today. I can't believe it.) I'm sure that the bunny on my head is courtesy of one of my siblings.
something was funny!
Obviously, something was quite funny about my birthday. Perhaps I am laughing that I had a bunny on my head!

always a princess
See, I was into the Arts, even way back then! I am a Prima Ballerina! And I obviously had killer fashion sense. Yes, I did put that outfit together all by myself. I believe the lacy item around my waist is a doily off the back of a chair.

I will be celebrating my birthday by waiting tables and doing a matinee. Then I have the night off from work, so I will be heading to my sister's house for a birthday dinner.

Somewhere between my matinee and dinner, I have to rush to the MVA because I just realized that my driver's license expires on my birthday! Oops!

See I'm old and I forget things!

21 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Happy Birthday!! - best wishes for the day and all the year to come. The photos are so cute.

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! May all your dreams and wishes come true in this new year of yours!
And thank you so much for sharing these most amazing pics - I *so* enjoyed looking at them!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! I love looking at old photos of people, so thanks for sharing!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Those are some really cute pictures.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Hard Bappirthy!

I didn't realize my license expired this year until several days later, when work needed to update their official files. Oops. And it's $30 freakin' bucks. Terrific.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday to my friend! love you sister!!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

happy birthday, coleen! but you are NOT old.

i love those baby pictures.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! I love seeing old photos like that - I know there are several of me dressed up in funny dance outfits as well!

9:49 AM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Happy birthday! Cute pictures!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Happy birthday! Have a fun one. I really liked your pictures!

10:28 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

happy birthday girlie! i remember that doll but i can't remember her name either.. and the ronald mcdonald. i had one of those!!!

i love the old photos.

11:03 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Got here from Maryse. Those pix are so cute!! I think your doll is a Mattel Drowsy Doll, which brings back great memories.
Happy Birthday!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

**HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!** And many more. Love the pictures.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Buon Compleanno a ti!

(See you don't need Macaroni Grill!)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I hope the birthday is wonderful! Thanks for sharing the pictures, they're great. I love how soulful your eyes look in the second one, very much the same as they look today.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Not baby pictures! Anything but that!

Happy birthday, Coleen my dear! I hope you have a WONDERFUL year, and a happy happy Christmas. ^__^

6:19 PM  
Blogger BrownPants said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I love that picture of you and your dad!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Sara Kirby said...

OMG! How cute were you? I would never have believed you were 39! You could pass for 29. Have an awesome birthday, hope you get some great loot this year too. I say bring back the bunny hat!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I love the photos, especially your bonnet!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Your dad looks like Drew Carey!!!
That baby...mmmm..was she Baby Tumblelina? She looks really familiar! (ps...remember, there is always somebody older than you....ME!)

4:39 PM  
Blogger Madwag said...

That doll is Drowsey Lou.... I had at least 3 of them... she was my favourite and I loved her to shreds. I found one at Target about 7 years ago at Target when I lived in the States... I think I still have that one... I gave it to my daughter.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home