Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A present for me!

I got the most awesome gift from my friend Jolene today.

Tilli Tomas
Tilli Tomas Mogul in Ruby Wine

Isn't it GORGEOUS?! I was lusting over this yarn at Stitches, but decided I had already spent too much money so I didn't get it. Jolene got this in trade for some test knitting she did and gifted it to me. Isn't she the best??!!

Now....
The question is..

What should I knit with it??

I thought maybe this...

Tweed Beret

That is Tweed Beret by Kristen TenDyke from the winter 2006 IK.
Obviously, it won't be so very tweedy if I knit it with the Tilli Tomas. But I'm a little concerned that a beaded beret might look a little too "1970's Disco Tramp." What do you think?

Any other suggestions out there? I'll just sit here and fondle it until someone gives me some ideas!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

hmmm...I'm not much of a beret fan to begin with, so it wouldn't be something I'd do. What about a lacy scarf? something that would show off the sparkle?

8:46 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Pretty! I don't know, will the beret use up all of the yarn? You don't want to have a lonely skein at the end of it!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I just love the beads on it...anything you make with it would be awesome!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I'm not a hat person myself - give me "hat hair" hehehe... Maybe a scarf or a purse. A fancy purse would look awesome with the beads.

3:30 PM  
Blogger BrownPants said...

You say "a little too 1970's Disco Tramp" like it's a bad thing!
I think you should definitely make it. Then wear it to a roller disco. Cool

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home