Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A present for me!

I got the most awesome gift from my friend Jolene today.

Tilli Tomas
Tilli Tomas Mogul in Ruby Wine

Isn't it GORGEOUS?! I was lusting over this yarn at Stitches, but decided I had already spent too much money so I didn't get it. Jolene got this in trade for some test knitting she did and gifted it to me. Isn't she the best??!!

The question is..

What should I knit with it??

I thought maybe this...

Tweed Beret

That is Tweed Beret by Kristen TenDyke from the winter 2006 IK.
Obviously, it won't be so very tweedy if I knit it with the Tilli Tomas. But I'm a little concerned that a beaded beret might look a little too "1970's Disco Tramp." What do you think?

Any other suggestions out there? I'll just sit here and fondle it until someone gives me some ideas!


Blogger Stacey said...

hmmm...I'm not much of a beret fan to begin with, so it wouldn't be something I'd do. What about a lacy scarf? something that would show off the sparkle?

8:46 AM  
Blogger Kadiddly said...

Pretty! I don't know, will the beret use up all of the yarn? You don't want to have a lonely skein at the end of it!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I just love the beads on it...anything you make with it would be awesome!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Javajem said...

I'm not a hat person myself - give me "hat hair" hehehe... Maybe a scarf or a purse. A fancy purse would look awesome with the beads.

3:30 PM  
Blogger BrownPants said...

You say "a little too 1970's Disco Tramp" like it's a bad thing!
I think you should definitely make it. Then wear it to a roller disco. Cool

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home