Friday, January 12, 2007

I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!!!!

Oh yeah baby! That's right - I'm going to the Happiest Place on Earth! My sister called me tonight and invited me to go with her and my neice for four days in February. I am so excited!!! I LOVE Disneyworld. I haven't been in a few years and I have been dying to go back. I have been doing the happy dance all evening - much to the annoyance of my co-workers!

Work is going to be the tricky part of this. I am supposed to design, tech and open a kid show that same week. Fortunately, it is a show we've done repeatedly and is a very simple show to run lighting-wise. So I hope to design it and have everything ready to turn over to someone else before I leave. Who that someone else is remains to be seen....

me and tigger
Old old old picture of me and Tigger, back in the days when I was completely obsessed with all things Tigger. You will note in this picture that I am clad head to toe in Disney attire... Mickey hat, Tigger tee shirt, Winnie the Pooh socks and fanny pack (fanny packs were HOT back then, I swear!) and a Tigger watch. (Ugh I was such a geek!) Oh, and I'll have you know that Tigger did not feel me up or hit me! (Oy, what is this world coming to?)

In knitting news....
I am currently working on a pair of Jaywalkers in Trekking 100
Trekking Jaywalkers
Overall, I like the colorway, but I have to say that I am not really a fan of that sea green color.
I bought this yarn in NYC, and I really think I like it better on the skein than on the sock! Also, the yarn is horribly scratchy right now. My other pair of Trekking socks are incredibly soft and I love them, so I will assume that these will soften up with washing too. For some reason, I am completely bored with knitting these. I keep working on them because I really don't have anything else on the needles right now.

other heel
Heel detail
I do like pretty heels though!

So, in a step towards maybe, possibly, perhaps knitting my first sweater, I made a yarn purchase. I bought a sweaters worth of Ram Wools Selkirk in red. At the time I bought it, it was on sale for $3.85 per 272 yd. skein. I have no idea how I stumbled on this yarn - I've never heard of it before! Somehow, Google brought it to my attention. I haven't really been able to find any reviews of it, so if anyone out there has ever used it before, please speak up and let me know what you think. I did email a blogger I found who was currently knitting with it and she said that it is a little scratchy and has a bit of sticks and such in it, but that overall she likes it. She said her swatch softened up with washing. I figure for that price, I can deal with a few twigs. I didn't want to spend lots of money for my first sweater just in case I screw it up or hate it or whatever.

I meant to mention this in my last post, but I forgot. I recently won a contest over at Fruity Sheep for people who had donated baby hats to Caps to the Capital. I won this GORGEOUS skein of Manos del Uruguay.
Manos in color Juniper
Thank Lia!

Speaking of Caps to the Capital... I was invited to a reception at the end of January for Caps to the Capital. Supposedly, they will have the caps on display, and Cokie Roberts is hosting the event. I'm really looking forward to going. I hope they let me take blog pictures!

7 Comments:

Blogger BrownPants said...

I think the colours in your jaywalkers look great! I can't quite bring myself to finish my second jaywalker either...we must be cursed.
Tigger watch...*giggle*

2:03 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

be careful when approaching tigger this time around. don't choke the poor guy.

10:03 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Woo! Disney! Oo, I hope you have so much fun!

I haven't used Trekking, but I wonder if it isn't the yarn, but the pattern. I've used both a cotton blend and superwash wool for this pattern, and I've noticed that the Jaywalker pattern is rather tight and inflexible, being mostly biased. The yarn seems to get pulled a little tighter than usual with not as much stretch as well. It will probably soften up, though.

Nice prize!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think some Trekking is very scratchy & some is soft. Weird but I've had the same experience.
CAm

4:49 PM  
Blogger Gryphon said...

Trying to reply to your commnt on my blog, but I can't find your email address...

6:02 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

That can't be you.

Not one little bit of that looks like you.

Besides, anyone with any sense at all would prefer Eeyore to Tigger. Duh.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

My trekking socks (color 100 also!) softened up a bit after their first wash/dry....

Yay disney! I have been a few times, but not in a long, long time...my pictures are probably around the era of yours.. :)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home