Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bored With Knitting Your Jaywalkers?

Knitty's Fetching

Then you should definitely spend your Saturday afternoon making yourself a Fetching mitt out of the yarn you just won!

Knitty's Fetching
yarn: Manos Del Uruguay in color 43, Juniper
needles: size 6 DPNs
Left mitt started and finished on Saturday, January 13.
.
This yarn is so pretty, but I think it may be a little too bulky for this particular pattern. I'm going to go ahead and make the second one tomorrow though. It's such a quick and simple knit, and I figure I'd rather have an FO than more yarn in my stash!

Not quite sure how I feel about this picot bind off. I've heard several people say that it seems to make the mitt too loose in the palm of the hand, and I would have to agree. But I think these will be a nice thing to wear when I'm stuck at the theatre programming the light board for hours on end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane Doran said...

What a pretty blue! I bound mine off in pattern and that turned out great. Aren't they fun?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

wow! quick! Sarah gave me a pair and I wear them all the time at work. They must be heaven in Manos!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home