Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Week.

$388.00

In case you were wondering, if you turn your windshield wipers on and they make a horrible loud CLUNK noise and then cease to function, it will cost you $388.00 to repair them. Actually, it will cost you $388.00 if the stupid car people can manage to get the part in. And when they don't get the part in and it starts to rain, you will have to have people drive you around because obviously, you cannot drive in the rain.

Here are some more things for me to complain about....

1. It's tech week.
2. I got my period.
3. I don't like the show we are opening.
4. The show runs for four months.
5. This morning, my stage manager called me and said she was having problems with the lights. When she turned the light board on, all the lights came on and would not turn off. (This shouldn't happen.) This turned out to be a MAJOR problem and we lost an entire day of tech trying to figure out how to fix it. It turned out that a mouse or some other critter with teeth chewed through two cables in the light booth. Even though we were able to replace both cables, we still were having the same problem. Apparantly the chewed up mousie cables caused another cable to short out or something. Needless to say, it was a whole day of suck. We had a lot of work that we did not get done because we had no lights.
6. There are mice in the light booth.
7. Management refuses to believe there are mice in the light booth.
8. It's raining so I couldn't drive home and I now have no idea how I'm going to get to work tomorrow.
9. Becase of all the time we lost today, tomorrow is going to suck too.
10. $388.00

Ok, I know you aren't here to read about my bad week. So I'll post a knitting picture for those of you who managed to make it this far.

Anemoi cuff

I wish I had more progress to show, but this was a bad choice for knitting during tech week. It requires way too much concentration. But I really like working on it, so I've been knitting whenever I get a free moment.

I wish I could just stay home and work on this instead of dealing with work and car issues tomorrow.

Whine, whine, whine....

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nooo! that's such a run of scumminess :(... I hope it all gets sorted (eventually)

4:33 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Misery loves company so it sounds like you've had a bit of company lately. Isn't it always the way problems just domino at the worst possible time. Your knitting looks lovely though - take heart from it.

5:02 AM  
Blogger laura said...

Love you. Mean it. :)

6:46 AM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Oh, that all sucks! And it's only Wednesday?

One thing an exterminator once told me is that squirrels are drawn to the current in wires and cords, so they chew on them, but mice do not. At the time, I was seeing some rodent with a fluffy tail that we thought was a squirrel, but the exterminator was flummoxed because there were several exposed cords with no damage. Turned out the beast was a deer mouse, ew!, which is far worse than either a regular mouse or a squirrel. Anyway, you need an exterminator!!!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

oh no!!! your luck is like mine - when your wipers don't work, it rains....that stinks! well, hopefully you got all the ick out of the way in one fell swoop!!!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger KT said...

*hugs* You could also have to take the LD to the emergency room at one in the morning for the plague that is currently running through our company. That happened at tech last week (not my show, luckily)!

Sorry about the car! Maybe you can bring a cat into the booth!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I'm so sorry! That totally sucks. Can you call in annoyed instead of going to work ;)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Hugs, girl. So sorry!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Remember, it's always darkest before the dawn.....okay...I'll shut up!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will come to your booth and catch all your mice, and then let them go in my backyard. =D I have three pet mice. They're great. But they're domestic and not germy. I hope the rest of the week is better! Hugs!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

When do you need to be at work - do you want a ride?

Or to borrow Trevor? (he goes to "sleep away camp at gramma and grampa's" every once in a while when they start having trouble...) I can't guarantee he won't scratch and bite all the strangers at the theatre, but he'd take care of the mice....

8:03 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Sorry about your car and the mice and everything.

The mittens look pretty!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Man that is a run of bad luck!!

I must say that mitten is looking fab though! I'm sure things will turn around in no time!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Just-Chuck said...

Yo, Babe! I miss the pushy bitch.
Haven't heard from you in a bit.

I am knitting a letterboxing kit for myself, because I can't find the nirvana of lb kits.

I have JUST migrated all my stuff over to the blogspot, so let me get my crap in order, then check back for my testosterone knitting notes.

(Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about you getting your period - "Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret.")

9:23 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

i'm sorry about the lousy day. but think how bad it'll be for the mice once management believes that there are mice ;)

2:29 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Oh, snap! I hope your Thursday didn't suck. Thanks for your input.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, poor you - this really sounds like the week from hell and I so, so hope that things have calmed down by now for you! It can't get any worse, so next week just HAS to be better for you! Fingers crossed!

1:18 PM  
Blogger brsmaryland said...

Sucky indeed. Was a bad week for cars all around. If it makes you feel any better, my car problems added up to $1000, plus a rental. Ouch!
Your knitting looks great. Hope next week is better for you all around.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home