Sunday, February 25, 2007

Getting Better All the Time

Wow! Thank you all so much for all the supportive and kind words! It really was a sucky week, and I'm really glad it is over! My show opened on Thursday and all the lights worked despite the munchy mousies! Management called in an exterminator who had this unpleasant solution:
death sentence
mousie death march

Now every night when I go into the light booth, I am completely terrified of what I might find. um... EW! I have had many kind offers from people offering to loan me their cats. Personally, I would MUCH rather have a fluffy kitty hanging out in the booth waiting to bite the heads off the dread mousies than to have to worry about these peanut butter laden spring traps. Yucky.

My windshield wipers are still non-functioning which is most inconvenient. First the mechanic said the part would bein on Tuesday, then it was Wednesday, then it was Friday and then it was next week. At which point I asked for money back. (They made me pay for the parts up front.) I was also completely irritated about the complete lack of customer service. The guy NEVER called when he said he would. I can appreciate that it isn't really their fault if the part doesn't come in on time, but really, they could take two seconds to call and tell me that. If you tell me you will call me Wednesday morning, and I don't hear from you by 3 p.m. I will call and yell at you. Asses.

So, hopefully Monday morning, I will start calling around to see if I can find someone else to fix it. For much less money. I hate car trouble.

My lack of functioning windshield wipers was especially problematic today due to this:
More weather
But I am not complaining! I LOVE snow! This was a good snow too. Really fluffy and fun. And slightly unexpected. They were predicting sleet and ice. I wish I could say "instead, we got fluffy snow" but really it's more like "first, we got fluffy snow." The freezing rain and sleet are falling on top of the snow and I'm sure it's going to be another big icy mess.

I had to do a matinee this morning, but fortunately they finally caved in and canceled our evening performance. So I came home and took a much needed nap. (I was OUT! ) Now I am watching Harry Potter and the Oscars (flipping channels) and there will be knitting.

I'm still working on Anemoi of course.
Anemoi progress

This is a mitten in need of some serious blocking! And I have made several mistakes. There's a purl where there should be a knit in the cuff, light green where there should be dark green and as I was taking this picture, I noticed a dropped stitch.
Arrrrggggh!!!
Really, a person should pay attention while she is knitting charts!

I've been kinda of wishing that I had not reversed the colors when I did this. (Eunny's original has the light and dark reversed.) So, now I'm contemplating doing the second mitten with the colors the other way. Who says mittens have to match exactly?

Also, in a moment of boredom, I cast on for Knitty's Monkey.
Monkey cuffs
That's the Briar Rose I got from Carolyn last week. I cast on and ripped out this yarn about 7 times before it finally decided it wanted to be Monkey socks. My picture doesn't really show the stitch pattern, but I kinda like it. And the yarn is just so darn pretty!

There are soooo many things I want to be knitting right now. If I could only figure out how to grow that extra pair of hands....

And this doesn't really help me settle on just one project at a time!

Retail Therapy

There are so many great patterns in here that I can't wait to knit. I need to start at the beginning of the book and just start knitting! I don't need to do all 25 designs, but there are plenty in here that I covet. I even kinda want to make the Embossed Leaves again.

(PS... this book is cheaper at Overstock.com than at Amazon....)

I'm off to do the snow dance and hope my kid shows get canceled in the morning!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sucks so much about the windshield wipers - especially the fact that these guys obviously haven't heard anything about "customer service" before! I really hope that things will turn out well for you!
And gosh, what a load of snow you got! A while ago I would have begged you to send a bit of it over, but now I'm all ready for spring - I swear we'll get snow soon just because of that ;)
I love how your Anemoi's are coming along, what a beautiful pattern this is - and the socks rock big time too!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

you've been busy busy! hopefully you've found someone to fix your wipers!

all the knitting looks great - I'd totally reverse the colors on the next mitten - they'd look great!

10:34 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Yeah, see, the thing about coming to Maryland is that it snows there. Other than that, it'd be worth the trip =)

I think the mittens look great! How fun!

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohno! I have a terrible thing about mousetraps... but I do keep mice and love their silly little rodentness. I don't know what an alternate solution would be, because really, you don't know where those wild mice have been. Wahh.

But the mittens are pretty! I think it'd be cool the make one the negative of the other.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home