Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wee Distractions

Moo to you too!

Sometimes, you just need to take a break from miles and miles of stockinette and make yourself a cow!
Pepe
Pepe the Cow
Pepe and the crocuses

This is Pepe and I love him. Jody came into knitknite on Monday with a copy of Simply Knitting magazine. It's a British magazine and I had never seen it before. After I saw the "Farmyard Frolics" patterns, I immediately went to Border's and bought my own copy. In this month's issue, there are patterns for cows, sheep and horses. In the April issue, there will be patterns for pigs, chickens and geese. SO CUTE! I may need to make one of each animal. The cow was super easy and fast to make. He is made out of some Nature Spun I had in my stash.

Arwen continues. I am pleased to say that I am finished with the back.
Back of Arwen - finished!
I know it looks like a comforter for a queen sized bed, but it's just my gigantic sweater back. It's not nearly that orange in real life.
red stitiches

I cast on for the left front last night, but the cable panel is vexing me completely. I'm not sure what the problem was, but it has been ripped and restarted. I haven't gotten to the cable panel again yet, but hopefully it will go better the second time around.

I took another pause from Arwen earlier this week to make this:
baby sock

I seem to have a lot of leftover sock yarn, so I thought baby socks would be a good way to use some of it up. This came out a little, um, round but I think it will stretch comfortably over a baby's foot. I am almost to the heel on the second one. This will be a gift for a co-worker's baby boy who will be arriving in June (I think... maybe July...) My co-worker asked if I could make a string on the socks that goes through the baby's pants, (like you would put on a pair of mittens) because his other son lost so many socks when he was a baby. Interesting concept.... anyone else ever heard of such a thing?

And one last FO to show you...
baby kimono

It is the finally finished Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting.
The lovely and talented Jolene was kind enough to do the finishing on this for me. Despite Pepe's good looks, I am not so good with the sewing!

Came out pretty cute, huh? This is a gift for the baby of one of the trumpet players in the orchestra at the theatre. He hasn't been around in awhile, so the baby may have already arrived. Hopefully, he'll turn up soon so I can give this to him!

Babies everywhere! Boy boy boy boy!


And finally... a little hint of spring....
purple crocus

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Coleen! ;)
I love the cow and look forward to making one.
Jolene

2:03 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

the cow is so cute!!!!!! great way to use up scraps! (you could make a sock yarn cow too - he'd be colorful!)

i'm jealous you can see flowers - we still have inches and inches of snow on the ground!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I love love love the cow!!!!!

Oh a sock yarn cow - what a great idea!

2:38 PM  
Blogger mainiax said...

that is soo not fair I tried everywheres to find that mag.the cow is cool I called walden books, borders, ac moore and nobody has it or carries it in my area. any other ideas on where to get one. I'll buy yours when you are done :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

I think you need to make a whole farmyard full of animals, then take them to MD S&W and take photos of them there. So cute!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pepe!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Okay, that cow chews some serious cud. That rocks.

I may have to buy that magazine.

Or maybe I can start charging for the knitters helpline - one knit sheep for every thirty-seven calls?

:P

Hope the cable's looking better now. Or at least better in comparison to the boring yet pompous haze of George M.

11:19 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Oh!! Pepe is So Cute!! I think I'm in love! Must look for that magazine!

Yay for finished objects and pieces of objects! I can't wait to see your Arwen, that color is so pretty! And baby sweater - too cute!

3:44 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

GREAT PICS...love the cow especially!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I bought that magazine too, and I want a sheep! :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

Hi! I am new to your blog and found it through Sarah's. I just wanted to say that your cow is ADORABLE. I am going out after work now to get that mag! :)

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home