Friday, May 11, 2007

Melancholy

Bleh. That's how I've been feeling the past few days. Bleh. I swear I am suffering from Post MDS&W Depression. I had been looking forward to it for so long, I had such a good time, the weather was gorgeous, I got some great yarn, I finished my Arwen...

And now? Bleh.

My general "bleh-ness" has not prevented me from knitting however. I finished Arwen, and I had new yarn to play with, so I have not one, but two new projects on the needles.
STR socks
STR sock
Some socks in my new STR. I'm playing with some design ideas. We shall see what happens! But that yarn sure is pretty, no?

And because I was feeling guilty about buying more Seasilk when I have 2 unused skeins of it in my stash, I cast on for a scarf with the new skein.
Diamond Border Scarf
It's a "Double-bordered scarf with diamond borders adapted from Weldon's, 1904" from Victorian Lace Today. (Page 104, to be exact!) The one in the book is very dainty and lofty looking. I think the Seasilk makes it look very bold and geometric. I kinda like it. The pattern calls for slightly more yardage than the Seasilk has, but since it's a scarf, I'm hoping I can fudge on the length a bit. Knitting the pattern is pretty easy(and fast!) Reading the chart is a little tricky. Thank God for Post-its is all I have to say!

Oh and there's a stupid typo in the pattern. The rows are numbered 12, 14, 18, 16, 20...
That's seems like a pretty stupid mistake. Can we not count people? Fortunately rows 18 and 16 were both knit rows, so it doesn't affect the pattern.

I had a HUGE accident with this Seasilk yesterday. I somehow managed to create the biggest tangled mess you have ever seen. It took me about three hours to untangle it. I was so upset! This shit is expensive and I wasn't about to give up on it. But with determination and a whole lot of swearing, I got it untangled. I seriously love this yarn. It is just so gorgeous! The color in the picture is pretty true - especially on the ball. It reminds me of new pennies. I'm already perusing other patterns for my other two skeins.

I realized this afternoon that I never blogged about an FO from about a week ago. I finished the Waving Lace Socks.
Waving Lace Socks

I'm really disappointed with these socks. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but the socks are two different shades of green. It's a very slight difference, but it's noticible enough to annoy me. I thought maybe I had accidentally bought two dye lots, but no - they were the same.
Also, they don't fit well. One of them came out bigger than the other - which I find really odd since I used the same needles and didn't alter the pattern at all. But neither of them fit very well. I do like the waving lace, but that's about it!

6 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

I swear, it's a version of post-partum depression. You finish a project and suddenly everything else is blah.

I like the cabled socks! The waving lace socks show up as a really painfully bright green/yellow on my monitor. I like the lace pattern, though.

I need your patience - I still have to finish untangling that mess of sock yarn I posted about ages ago!

4:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

MD was so good this year - how could we not be depressed?? I guess we just need to start counting the days until next year....

the new lace is very pretty - that is going to be one amazing scarf! That stinks about the socks - I guess with the hand dyed stuff even though it's the same dyelot you never know!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way you started your cable right on the toe of your new STR. You should totally have a contest or a swap and give away the socks you dont like for more yarn that you do!

I think you have totally coined a new phrase. I may be suffering from a little post s&w depression myself.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Dude! I'm calling you now to cheer you up!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I love untangling yarn.

Seriously.

I love untangling yarn more than I love knitting.

If I could get paid to untangle yarn, I'd totally be set for life.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Sorry you are so sad! With all that lovely yarn & that spectacular Arwen!?!?

I love the STR yarn. Very pretty.

That does suck about your waving lace socks. I wonder why they turned out that way. Hmmmmm

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home