Monday, April 30, 2007

Ta Da!
Arwen blocking

Knitting is DONE! Holy crap people, I knit a sweater! Yep, that's Arwen, knitting complete and blocking away. Now I just have to sew this baby together - it will be a challenge, I'm sure! Blocking wasn't easy. I grafted the hood together before I blocked it, so it is one really long piece. Trying to find a place to big enough to spread this out was a chore. (I couldn't even get the whole thing in one picture!) But I managed. I measured, I pinned, I finagled. Now I keep hovering over it checking to see if it's dry yet!

I am so excited! I knit a sweater! I guess I should temper my excitement until I get it sewed together. It could be a nightmare. But I'm hoping for the best.

I had to reknit the left sleeve yesterday. I am not sure where my mistake was, but it turned out much smaller than the right sleeve. So I ripped back and added some rows. I had to cheat a bit to make it work. (I didn't want to have to rip out the hood and front panel just to fix the sleeve.)

Hopefully, by Wednesday or so... I will have a completed sweater to show you!

I've been looking around on the internet to find a button. The pattern doesn't call for one, but I think I want one toggle button on it. Sadly, I have something specific in my mind, and I can't find anything close.

In other news... I have a new toy!

new toy!
My mom gave me her old sewing machine. Something else for me to obsess about! I've been kind of playing with it a bit, but I'm still new. I haven't really used a sewing machine since I was a kid, so I quite rusty. But I'm happy to have it, and hopefully I'll eventually learn how to use it properly.

I'm getting very excited for Sheep and Wool! It's only a few days away! HURRAY!

Here are a few cute pictures for you...

Poodle in motion!
poodle in motion
Impossible to get her to sit still for a picture!

Thirsty kitty
thirsty kitty
That's one of my sister's cats - Cookie. She's having a little drink. And the goldfish is having a little heart attack!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

Awesome! Congrats on finishing the knitting! People always bitch about finishing, but it's not that bad. Just take it slow and steady, and it will be fine. Can't wait to see the finished sweater! That color is going to look incredible on you!

2:28 PM  
Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Way to go!

And you know that you'll have to wear it to MDS&W, even if it's 80 degrees out. ;)

3:01 PM  
Blogger laura said...

Nice. I have finally cast on for mine and am about 3 inches into the back. I am trying to work out the mods I am doing to it in my head in the mean time and am not quite sure how to go about them.... I can always rip, right? :)

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coleen!!! That is awesome. I can't wait to see it on you. Let me know if you need anything with the finishing, I am around.
Jolene

3:07 PM  
Blogger bySarah said...

cant wait to see it all seemed up! you rock!

are sewing lessons necessary, or do you already sew? (yes, I am volunteering.)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Saun said...

That sewing machine is the same as my first machine. I used to love that machine until I accidently broke the tension knob taking it to college. You are going to love yours.

MDS&W is so close. You are going to have so much fun. I'm so jealous.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

I am so excited about your sweater, C! It is lovely and will look really nice on you. So, now that the knitting is done, do you think you will make more? or is it all socks all the time? :)

It has been forever since I saw you or talked to you = I hope you are well. Hoping we can catch up soon!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Yeah Coleen! I'll pray for chilly weather for Saturday.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Yeah! It's looking great! I can't wait to see it on you!!

Here's hoping it's cool enough to wear on Saturday!

Sewing lessons? Did I hear someone volunteer? Me too me too!

1:50 PM  
Blogger BrownPants said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see it all sewn up, it looks gorgeous! (and how funny is that photo of the cat drinking out of the fish bowl! ahahahaha!)

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea girl!!! love that!
BTW: I am sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge!
Wish you were here!

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations on finishing the knitting, what a fantastic achievement! Now you'll see, all the finishing work will be really quick and easy, and I can't wait to see the sweater then!

3:13 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

amazing! that is HUGE!!! Good for you for finishing all that knitting! Now comes the fun seaming.....

10:51 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Arwen ooks great!

And a sewing machine! Cool! Mine is getting dusty, sadly.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home