Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Triceratops

Triceratops

Sometimes, you just need to knit yourself a yellow Triceratops. Just for fun.

Triceratops

Trice
Free pattern from Xtreme Knitting (opens a pdf)
Yarn: some random crappy acrylic I had in my stash
Started: Sunday, May 13, 2007
Finished: Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Last year, I made myself a Mr. Stegs.
Mr. Stegs

I decided he needed a friend!
Happy Dinosaurs

These are great patterns. So easy and quick. Instant gratification! It was also a great way to practice my newly honed seaming skills. Here's Mr. Stegs seam circa August 2006:
Bad seam!

Yeah, I had no idea what I was doing last year! I honestly thought this didn't look too bad. Now I think it looks like he had horrible open heart surgery! But check this out:
Good seam!
Oh yeah! Soooo much better! Jolene even thought I had knit it in the round. I've got mad seaming skills now!
attack of the dinosaurs!


I'm suffering from major project ADD. I can't seem to stick to one project. I just keep casting on. Last night I started this:
start of  Little Chuckles cardigan
It's a cutey cute baby sweater from Simply Knitting magazine. In keeping with my recent blue and brown obsession, the body of the sweater will be... brown and then the arms will be... blue! This will be for a friend's boy baby who will be arriving in June. Then I will need to make another baby item for a girl baby arriving in July. That will probably be a lacy Elizabeth Zimmerman baby sweater like the one Sarah made.

Gotta say... I'm really surprised how much I am liking the Cotton Ease. I kind of want to make a sweater for ME out of it. I think it would make a great summer cardigan or hoodie. It is something I am definitely contemplating!

I'm still chugging away on my Seasilk scarf too.
double border scarf progress

I can't wait to block this. I'm really curious to see how big it is going to turn out. I love how soft and drapey the Seasilk is.

I have kind of stalled on my STR Obsidian socks. But they're still taking up space in my knitting bag and I do pull them out and knit a row here and there.
No progress here!

13 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

he is so cute! love his goofy little smile. Glad stegs has a buddy now. (it looks like he's recovered nicely from his surgery)

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I love him!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jolene said...

Yay! Coleen.
Please don't take my business away and start finishing other peoples items!!! ;)

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how beautiful of a cosmetic surgeon you are!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Pheelya said...

Those dinos are adorable!!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Fantastic dinos! Thanks so much for contributing to our team for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation walk. Good luck in Heide's CF Yarn drawing!
Karen O.

8:53 PM  
Blogger alice said...

I thought Steg's scar was pretty good too - until I saw Trice's! I'm a beginning knitter - even the purse I have been working on looks like child's play compared to your stuff!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

So much cuteness! Where'd you get that Cotton Ease - our Joann's doesn't have it.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Coleen, Thank you very much for your donation to the CF foundation. You are now officially entered into the drawing for Scout's yarn. Karen said "Thank you" too.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

love the dinos! I made the same matching pair. (I totally recommend knitting them in the round in the future--that'll show how far you've come from the improvised seaming, to have NO seaming!) :)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Your sperm has legs now!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Super cute!! Your seaming does look mighty fine now! ;)

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dinos are super cute! I have totally non-existent seaming skills, unfortunately.

I'm loving the brown and blue combo on the sweater, too!

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home