Sunday, June 03, 2007

The End Is Near!!!

I am getting very excited because I only have FIVE more performances of George M! to do!!! YAY!!! Seriously people, I have been working on the same show since February 22. Enough already! I can't wait for it to be OVER.

Thanks for all the comments last post. I'm so excited to see new people comment. I hope you will comment again even when there isn't a contest! I will be drawing names Monday night for a winner, so you still have time to comment today!

So, I had a great Saturday. Jody and I traveled to DC and went to the Textile Museum for their Celebration of Textiles festival. We had a blast. They had all kinds of crafty, hands-on activities for us to play with.

We made random felty things:
Jody's and my felt creations

We stamped red paint onto white fabric...
My fabulous art creation

Jody's red stamped fabric was so cool that someone STOLE it! (The one above is mine - not worthy of theft!)

We even did a little needlepoint:
Jody doing a little needlework

There was sheep shearing, dances from different countries with these really elaborate costumes, weaving and spinning demonstrations, I got to play with this weird strap making loom, oh... and check this out...

Teeny Tiny Rug

That is a teeny little doll house rug. It's about 3 or 4" in diameter. It's hand embroidered and the entire thing is made up of thousands of tiny little french knots. It is exquisite. We met the woman who made it. She said it took her over a year to complete it. My picture doesn't do it justice. The detail is amazing.

The whole day was good fun. (Except that it was HOT out!) Thanks Jody!!!

On the subway ride, I cast on for yet another new pair of socks.

New socks
Some simple toe up socks in Trekking XXL 124. I am loving the stripes. I've had this yarn in my stash for over a year, so it was about time I actually got it on the needles.

So, to answer Sarah's question.... No, my Jaywalker did not fit.
The end of the Jaywalker
I hated to do it, but they had to be frogged. I couldn't get the cuff past my heel. I was so sure they were going to fit fine, but nooooo.

Stupid size 0's.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lolly said...

I am sad that I missed you girls! it seems that they pulled out more things at the festival - I didn't see the dancers, or the fabric stamping when I was there (which was only a few minutes before you, I assume!)

I am glad to see you had fun though :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I love your felty things! That is too bad about the Jaywalkers - it is a hard to fit pattern it seems!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Pheelya said...

Sounds like you had a nice time down there, even with the mysterious theft!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine didnt fit on SIZE 2's!
Stupid jaywalker. Looks so pretty, acts so stupid when you knit it. Bummer. Cool trekking socks though!

Cool pics of the trip.
I wish I had seen that dollhouse rug in person. You guys deserved something really cool for spending the whole day outside in that heat!!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The festival looks like it was a lot of fun!
Jolene

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I'm glad you got a photo of that little carpet of french knots! Thanks for a great weekend!

12:59 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Sounds like a great weekend, and congrats on nearing the end of your run! I agree - after a certain amount of performances it's definitely time for "Enough already!"

I've had the worst time sizing Jaywalkers, too! I've never been able to cast on any that actually fit correctly! Still love that yarn, though!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Lindy said...

How do I live in DC and not hear about these things? I'm so out of the loop. Glad to see you had a good time!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Coleen, I just wanted to tell you that I read your blog regularly, but I never comment because I don't really know anything about knitting. I do enjoy the blog though.

BTW, I saw the show last week. It was very good. Unfortunately, I don't get up to Columbia as much as I used to because I recently moved slightly farther away.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Trish Watkins said...

Hey Colleen

Yeah, it's about time for George M to stop - as Samn says "When can we start so we can stop?"

I enjoy our little smile every day during the show - you're a doll!!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Love those striped Treking socks: very happy.

Your stamped fabric is pretty too! I would steal it. Well, I would think about stealing, but probably would give it back.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home