Sunday, April 20, 2008

FO's in the House!!

Holy cow, I actually have some finished objects to show. Those of you who haunt my flickr pages have already seen these, since I posted the pics several days ago. But I'm just getting around to blogging about it.

First off we have the extremely cute Verdell C. Squirrel

Verdell C. Squirrel

Verdell on a stump

I LOVE HIM. I think he is definitely one of my favorite toys that I have made. I bought the kit to make him from Fiber Trends. He's supposed to have an embroidered nose, but I kind of like him without the nose. What do you think?

My other FO is a sweater for Baby Andrew, who came into this world about three weeks ago. Andrew is the son of a good friend of mine. Andrew made his appearance a wee bit early, so sadly he spent the first two weeks of his life in the NICU. But I am very happy to report that he is now home with his family and is doing well. I haven't gotten to meet him yet, but when I do, I have this item to give him...
Andrew's sweater
dino buttons

This is going to be huge on him right now, but hopefully, by the time he is big enough to wear it, it will be cold enough for sweaters again! And hopefully his mother wont hate me too much for the dinosaur buttons. They are extremely cute, but not terribly easy to manage.

The pattern was free from this site. Very simple top down raglan. Fun knit. The yarn is leftover Cascade 220 superwash that I had in my stash and a little extra that I begged off of Amie. Thank you Amie!

Since I managed to get those two little projects off the needles, my attention is focused back on my Faux Russian Stole. It is coming along very slowly.
Faux Russian Stole progress
I am very close to finishing the second pattern repeat. I thought I only had to do two more repeats, but I just checked and actually, it's three and a half more repeats. Ugh! I'm really hoping I can finish this by MDS&W in two weeks, because I would like to enter it into the Skein and Garment competition. Deadline knitting... such fun. The problem is finding time to knit it.

So, speaking of which... I'm off to knit on it right now. Here's some spring pictures for you!
magnolias
tulip close
favorite tulips

8 Comments:

Blogger Lolly said...

LOVE the squirrel!! totally adorable! does Roxy bark at him? :)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

No nose! No nose! He is super cute - my boys would loooooove him! ;)

9:21 AM  
Blogger bySarah said...

Awww, Coleen, CUTEST squirrel ever!!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your squirrel on Flickr and I love how he looks without the nose! He's so stinkin cute!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Love your squirrel! So cute! I want to see him in person!

Love the baby sweater too - it looked so cute on Joe!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Narcissa Skrewt said...

Oh my god, those dinosaur buttons are ADORABLE!!

The squirrel is pretty high on the Cute Scale, too - just want to squeeze him!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Pheelya said...

What an adorable squirrel!!!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

that squirrel is awesome!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home