Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A really good day!

Yesterday, Jolene, Jody, Erin, Baby Joe(oddly, he doesn't have a blog yet!), half the eastern seaboard and I descended on Annapolis, MD to see the one and only Yarn Harlot.
Stephanie
(I know she looks like she is reciting the Girl Scout Pledge, but she's actually talking about her three children!)

Jody and I arrived at 3:30, and happily scored seats in the second row. I'd like to mention that the people in the front row had arrived at 9 a.m. Seriously devoted people! This is the second time I've had the pleasure of seeing Stephanie in person. Now of course, the highlight is Stephanie herself. She's very entertaining and so funny she makes your sides hurt from laughing. But I have to say, I so enjoy the entire atmosphere that goes along with it. It's like a big party. Everyone is happy, everyone is knitting, and everyone is just delighted to be there. So, thank you Stephanie, Borders, all my knit pals and all you hundreds of knitters that were there last night for such a great evening!

Stephanie and  me
Me and Stephanie. Oh, and her sock!


Erin and Stephanie
Erin and Stephanie. And the sock...

Jolene, Stephanie, and Baby Joe
Jolene, Stephanie and Baby Joe
Joe was hiding from the camera in this picture, but there is an awesome picture of Jolene and Joe on Stephanie's site. Check it out! And if you feel like playing "where's waldo?" you might be able to find me in the group picture right above Jolene and Joe!

Friends!
Jody and Erin. FRIENDS!

Oooooh, I almost forgot! I hope you all will go check out this new blog! It's a countdown to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. They will be having prizes and fun from now till the big weekend!
Cloverhill Yarn Shop Countdown to Sheep and Wool

There is also a fabu new Ravelry group for you to join too.

Cloverhill at MD Sheep and Wool

The Cloverhill booth is going to have TONS of fabulous yarn from TONS of fabulous indie fiber artists. The full list of fiber artists is on the blog. You will not want to miss it! I will be working the booth on both Saturday and Sunday. Please stop by and say hello!

8 Comments:

Blogger cici said...

looks like so much fun... sorry I missed it this time.... Looking forward to Cloverhill Yarn SHop!!

5:31 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I had a blast! Thanks for going with me :)

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a way-too-much-fun day. I found you in the group picture on Stephanie's blog! I was all, "Where am I? Oh look! Coleen!" Hee. She's so fun.

7:20 AM  
Blogger bySarah said...

Great pics Coleen!
I really like that one of Erin and Jody. See you in a few weeks!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

what a fun time! i saw the harlot once and she was hilarious...

can't wait to see you next month! i'll be driving down with Sarah on Thursday to help set up on Friday at the booth...

8:28 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

fun times ;)

MDSW is going to be awesome! i will definitely see you there!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Amy O'Neill Houck said...

It was so fun to meet you there! See you soon!

Ay

11:53 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got to catch the event! Looks like fun!

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home