Sunday, February 17, 2008

The lost months in review!

Helloooooooooo..... is anyone out there???? I know, I know... I fell off the face of the earth. But I'm still here. I apologize for not posting in ages. Life got crazy, and blah, blah, blah - I haven't posted... in months.

But that is not to say that I haven't be knitting. There has been much knitting. And even a few completed projects! I spent the months of October through December working on this:

Kerry's afghan

It's a combination of two Lionbrand patterns: Nature in Natural and Tree of life . It was my Christmas gift to my much adored sister. I didn't do so well actually completing it by Christmas, but I did finish by New Years! I can't tell you how happy I was to finish that puppy. It took FOREVER. But I think the results were worth it!

Other Christmas knitting included this fabulous item:
Errol

It's Errol the Owl from Charmed Knits. My father sent me the book with a note saying he'd thought Errol would make a great Christmas gift - "hint, hint". How could I refuse an 80 year old man who loves Harry Potter?? I modified the pattern slightly by adding some fun fur to the ears. I thought Errol needed a little fluff!

I have started and not finished many a random sock over the past few months. I think I have at least three single socks still on needles. And I'm not really feeling motivated to finish any of them! They have been more process knitting than product knitting... Just something to keep my hands busy!

I did manage to finish a pair of Jaywalkers. I think this is my fourth pair. It's just such an easy pattern with satisfying results.
Mallard Jays

The yarn is the ever fantastic Tess Super sock and Baby. I am crazy about the colors!

Let's see... what else... (I'm looking through my Flickr photos! I did keep up with pictures, even if I didn't keep up with the blog!)

I made this tam, which I wear a lot. I love it!
Tam
Very quick knit and very wearable.

And now for my very favorite project of the past few months. I just finished these on Friday. I LOVE them!!
finished Bird in Hand mittens
palms up
Thumbs
Thumb detail

It seems like everyone on Ravelry and in Blogland is knitting these. And for good reason - they are so fun! It's Kate Gilbert's Bird in Hand mittens. I really enjoyed knitting these (I have become obsessed with two color knitting lately.)

The yarn is just plain old Lion Wool. But I think it knit up pretty well for this pattern. The only irritating thing was that I ran out of green yarn before I finished the thumb of the second mitten. I had to buy a whole new skein just to finish the thumb.
(Sarah, I completely lied - I used size 2 needles on this. I don't know what I was thinking!)

So, that's what I have been up to over the past few months. Now that the mittens are done, I am looking forward to a new lace project. I just cast on for the Faux Russian Stole from A Gathering of Lace. I think the construction of this shawl is going to be a little challenging for me - there's a lot of picked up stitches, which I hate! But the challenge will make it more worthwhile I suppose!

If anyone is still reading this, thanks for sticking around!

C

12 Comments:

Blogger Pheelya said...

WOW! The blanket looks beautiful!! I'm envious!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Welcome back to blogland!!

I love how the birds on your new mitts came out! Totally cute!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

i was so excited to see your post - wow, you have been busy over the last few months! i love the FOs! the tam looks like a perfect piece for the MD weather, and the mittens! love the green and the special embroidery. those are really special!

how long will it be before we hear from you again? :)

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and she's back! yea!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Good to see you again. I love the blanket; it's fabulous. And the tam is pretty cute too. I want to knit one of those someday, but I have my knitting plate full right now. Yours is great.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Kathleen C. said...

I think those are the cutest bird-in-hands I've seen yet!
And the fun fur in the owl ears... good choice! Adds a real nice texture.

And welcome back!

10:53 AM  
Blogger bySarah said...

I love the embroidery for the birds!!! Beautiful blanket. Thanks for posting, I miss your blog.

8:34 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Hey, you're alive!!

Love the tam and the jaywalkers! Mine never turn out so nicely, sigh!

Good to see you again!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Glad to have you back!! :) Love what you did to the birds on your mitts!! What a great idea!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Saint Patience said...

I should have left you but I didn't. Men are so stupid, we wait around like puppy dogs!
~the true Potiphar

12:49 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

What a great recap!!! I love every project!

Those mittens are especially awesome! Well done!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

So glad you're back - I was getting worried. You guys and the colorwork mittens - please stop or I'll have to try it!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home