Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Validation!

So I go and whine about not getting a ribbon for my farm and then this happens!
The people have spoken!
State Fair Viewer's Choice Award

How cool is that??? I won the Viewer's Choice Award for my farm! I am very excited. They have little voting boxes all over the Home Arts building where the fairgoers can vote for their favorite item in any category. So, even though the judges didn't like my farm, the people did! YAY!

Last night, after much consultation with Amie, I knit a swatch (gasp!) for my Stag Bag. I decided I wanted to modify the pattern a bit so that I can knit it in the round. Because really, who likes to have to purl with two colors? It sucks. So in an effort to test out my charting skills, I knit this.
bad swatch
Not happy with it at all!

Unfortunately, my gauge is way off. So I think I'm going to try to find a different yarn. Perhaps even the yarn the pattern calls for (Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light - which sounds like a brand of cigarettes to me.)

In the meantime, I'm still working on my Vinnland sock. I can't decide how I feel about it.
vinnland beginnings

Please note that the yarn is not nearly as neon as it looks in this picture.

I'm just not really happy with it. My stitches are a little uneven. But I don't really have anything else on the needles right now, so I'll just keep stitching!

11 Comments:

Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Awesome! Mega congrats on your Viewers Choice ribbon!

The Vinnland socks are on my "to do" list as well... looking forward to seeing how yours turn out!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

See!!!! People like you - they really like you!! Tell those stupid judges to go suck on some yarn!

(too harsh?)

nah!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Congrats!!!! I'd rather be loved by the people than the judges!!!!

Love the Vinnland - I think it looks great so far, and for the stag bag, just practice - colorwork is hard to get even in the beginning!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

The people have spoken - yeah you!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

What the people think matters SO MUCH MORE than some stodgy judges! It is my Viewer's Choice too! A big congrats, Coleen!

Lovely new orange sock!

...and have I mentioned that I miss hearing from you? :(

1:52 PM  
Blogger Shannan said...

Congrats on all your ribbons!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had to come over and say congrats after I saw the picture of your big ribbon on Flickr! You really deserve it, and I would have voted for your farm too!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I agree with the people - your little farmyard is so cute - love the little pig.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Saint Patience said...

Congratulations on the farm! What do judges know anyway.
~Richard

9:19 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Wow...congratulations on the ribbon!!! Good for you!!!!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Yay for your ribbon!!!!! You totally deserved it!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home