Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Knitting, knitting, knitting

I currently have WAAAAY too much free time on my hands. And frankly it is making me crazy. I am so freakin' bored! And cranky. And distracted. Distracted to the point of leaving my debit card in the ATM yesterday and driving away. UGH. Yeah, that was a banner day. The bank was never too clear on whether it had been turned in or taken or what, but my account wasn't affected. Now I just need to wait for the new card to appear in the mail. UGH.

In an attempt to fill up the hours, I of course, have been knitting. I feel like my knitting is reflecting my current state of distraction. I can't seem to focus on one project. I'm still working on my Vinnland sock.
Vinnland
It's growing on me. I wasn't sure I really liked it at first, but I'm changing my mind. I put the heel on it about a week ago. Not my best heel knitting effort, I must say. There's a hole or two. I've been working on this a lot at the theatre. But it does require a bit of concentration, so I can't work on it during the show too much. The lights for the current show aren't really difficult, but they are BUSY. I don't have any breaks, so knitting is at a minimum!

By the way... our show got an AMAZING review on Broadwayworld.com. It really is a great production, even if the script isn't that hot. There are some more pictures here if anyone is interested!

To continue with my knitting ADD, I also cast on for the Intricate Stag Bag from Knitscene.
start of the Stag Bag
I haven't made a whole lot of progress on it, but I'm enjoying it so far. I made some modifcations based on this version I found on Ravelry.
stag bag

I think this will probably take me awhile to complete!

Yesterday, after my ATM frustrations, I got distracted again and started this:
Marigold

It's a Marigold Sock. I'm using some Trekking XXL I've had in my stash for awhile. I really like how the pattern is working with the subtle varigation of the yarn. Pretty, huh? And the pattern is pretty easy to memorize, so it's knitting up fast. I just started this yesterday and I'm almost to the heel. I haven't had much luck with short row toes, so I did my standard figure 8 cast-on for toe up socks.

Other than the socks and the bag, I've been obsessing about the Luanna sweater from Berroco ever since it showed up in my email box the other day. Isn't it pretty? Sadly, I'm not in a position to be buying yarn right now, but I hope to make that someday!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Can I have some of your free time please? You can do to DC tomorrow and I'll stay home and knit :)
If you get really desperate - you can come over and hang with John - maybe play some Guitar Hero with him!

The socks are looking awesome!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

You have so many great projects on the needles! I love the look of your Vinnlands, and Marigolds. And no matter what you may say, you are a fast knitter!

It was so nice to see you, C. It was way tooooo long to go. Let's not do that again, k? :)

Great review of the show! I am looking forward to seeing it!

7:39 AM  
Blogger bySarah said...

Cool colors for your stag bag!!
Hope you get busy soon...do you think fall brings on a general feeling of discontent, like something SHOULD be different (busier, more free time for projects, a new activity in general) leftover from ye olde back to school days? Cause I always feel a little unsettled in the fall.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I could use some of your free time too! (maybe Jodi and I could share...)

Love the colors you picked for the bag - what yarn? The vinnlands are looking amazing - I love orange and the pattern is showing up so well!

8:34 AM  
Blogger KT said...

The bag looks really fun! I can't wait to see yours!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Pretty socks! I love the Vinnlands one.

And I am right there with you on the Luanna. I printed out that pattern right away last week and need to go see if anything in my stash will work.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your ATM card! I hate it when things like that happen. It is such a hassle! I'm totally loving the orange color of your Vinnland sock, and I can't wait to see how your Stag Bag turns out.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Wow - that is a heck of a review!

(why, yes, I am a little behind on blog reading, why?)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Boyle said...

Oh, I am so glad I am not alone in my Luanna obsession! I'm swatching it right now and can't wait to get going on it. Love the socks!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home