Monday, February 25, 2008

Ugh.

Well, I was going to show you my latest project. It looked like this:

Faux Russian Stole start

It's the Faux Russian Stole from A Gathering of Lace. I was feeling pretty happy with my progress.

Now, it looks like this:

who didn't read the directions??

Seriously, will I EVER learn to read directions???

After finishing the bottom edging, I just plowed into the next chart without ever reading the directions. DUMB.

Last night, I'm clicking through Ravelry and I start to notice that other people's version of this stole look a little different than mine. Suspicious, I finally go back and look at the pattern and see that I should have added 6 rows of garter stitch before starting the next chart.

UGH.

I ripped back, but I haven't gotten down to knitting those 6 stupid rows yet. Grrrrr....

I do have another project on the needles that I am happier with. During my blogging hiatus, I was very happy to win a "Skein of the Month" club from Storey Publishing and WEBS. I get a free skein of yarn every month for a year! Whooo hooo!

Well, the first package arrived back in January. Inside was a skein of Sheep Number 3 from Sheep Shop Yarn Company. It's a really pretty lavender. Also included was a pattern for Silky Leaves Scarf. I really liked the pattern so I immediately cast on.
Silky Leaves Scarf
Silky Leaves Scarf


Pretty, right? It's been slow going, but I really like how this is turning out. The yarn is a 30% silk/70% wool blend. It's got a nice crunch to it! I love it.

The thing about both of these projects is that they both require concentration (even when you don't read the directions.) I really need to start a sock or something so I can have something mindless to work on too!

There are a few sweater patterns calling to me. Maybe a mindless stockinette sweater would do the trick.....

4 Comments:

Blogger bySarah said...

Love the scarf and the yarn.
Good luck on the shawl.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there baybee!!! Nice to read you this morning!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

that is the worst way to find an error - seeing other peoples and noticing yours looks wrong! i have done that a few times too! but, at least you caught it early on.....

8:32 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I know you will succeed in the end! Keep at it and it will be gorgeous.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home