Saturday, April 26, 2008

A really nice day

Seasonally speaking, I am much more of an autumn person. I love everything about fall. The cooler temperatures, the leaves changing, pumpkins, apples, that crisp smell in the air... But I gotta say, over the years, spring is growing on me. It's just so darn pretty out. If they could just do something about the pollen, I'd be a much bigger fan of spring.

Today was a good spring day. I had breakfast with my pal C and her twin girls. Then we headed off to the Brighton Dam Azalea Garden, which is one of my favorite places.

DSCN5546

It was not quite at peak, but it's pretty darn close. It was already a riot of color.
DSCN5545
DSCN5558
DSCN5555
DSCN5553

Love it there!

After the garden, I stumbled on a church yard sale. It was mostly junk, but I did manage to score three books for a whopping 75¢. I got a cookbook, Pride and Prejudice (I'm on Jane Austen kick lately), and an Anne Tyler book. Not too bad for 75¢!

When I got home, I found my monthly package of happiness in my mailbox! I got my April Skein of the Month from Webs. It's a little on the dull side this month, but what the heck - it's free yarn!
DSCN5564

Sorry for the dim picture. It's a skein of Tahki Cotton Classic in white. The package also included two free patterns. One is for a triangle scarf, that frankly looks a little boring and the other is for a Sunrise Camisole which is kind of cute. I sent it to my Ravelry cue. Maybe some day... but definitely not in white!

I was most excited by that little orange item on the far right. It's a Yarn Harlot button. I got one when I went to see Stephanie a few weeks ago, and I promptly lost it. So I was really happy to get a new one - and it's the same color as the one I lost! yay!

I hope you all have a lovely spring weekend.

Only ONE MORE WEEK TILL SHEEP & WOOL!!!

I can hardly stand the wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Awesome pictures!

You are the bestest friend ever - thanks for letting me talk your ear off tonight!

Love you!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

The azaleas are amazing! all that color!!!!!!!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home