Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday

I realize that the rest of the world does not operate on my wacky theatre schedule. I realize that there are many many many people in the world who have to get up really early in the morning and go to work. I know that many people would not consider 8 a.m. to be even remotely "early in the morning". These people could argue that 8 a.m. is actually "the middle of the day."

I know that my schedule is not normal. I do, on a fairly regular basis, have to get up at 8 a.m. and go to work. But the main part of my work day is in the evening. I get home at night. So, I generally look forward to Wednesdays because I don't have to go to work until noon- which means I can sleep in a bit. Yay!

Not today.

They started at 8 a.m.
chainsaw massacre

See the chainsaw in the foreground? CHAINSAWS. AT 8 freakin' a.m. in the morning! In my backyard! Directly under my bedroom window.

Oh, but it gets better...

This is what they parked in my front yard...

chipper

A wood chipper. At 8 a.m.

It is now 11 a.m. No, no... they aren't done yet.

3 hours of chainsaws and woodchippers.

I know they are just doing their jobs. But seriously.. couldn't they do their jobs at a NORMAL FREAKIN TIME?

Am I being unreasonable?? I can't be the only person who thinks that 8 a.m. is too damn early for chainsaws and woodchippers. For 3 hours.

Needless to say, I am CRANKY.

You should have seen me the time they decided to mow lawns at 7 a.m. on a Sunday....

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

do you have some good earplugs? I won't tell you that I get up at 4am every day... :)

12:40 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

i get up at 5:30 and i still think that 8am with a chain saw is too early. because a chain saw is a horrible sound. i lived in the city for years with the sound of traffic and ambulances in the background, but nothing is as loud and obnoxious as the roar of a lawn mower at 7am on a sunday.


so i agree. they could have waited until 9.

12:53 PM  
Blogger bySarah said...

Sorry about your sleep.

I wish somebody would come to my house with a chainsaw and woodchipper...did you notice if any of them were cute?

2:26 PM  
Blogger KT said...

I totally agree. 100% The only possibly scenario that could be worse? It could have been a Monday morning...

I actually complained (not seriously, just in passing) to my landlady once about the groundskeepers mowing right under my window at 8:00a on Monday mornings. I have no idea if she actually said anything to them or not, but they don't start there anymore!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home