Thursday, May 22, 2008

Imagine picture HERE

I've been trying to get a good picture my progress on my Must Have Cardigan, but apparently, it's impossible. Every picture I have taken is blurry and over exposed. Something about this orange yarn just doesn't photograph well! I've tried flash, no flash, sunlight, cloudy light, electric light... nothing works! My camera and this sweater just don't like each other! I think I'm going to have to hit Jody up for some pictures with her fancy camera!

I am almost done with the back of the sweater, though I am currently having to rip a few rows because I did something terrible with one of the cables. But I totally LOVE knitting this sweater. I have the pattern memorized, so it's going fast.

I leave tomorrow night for a long weekend at the beach. Words cannot express how ready I am to GET AWAY. I need to be away from the theatre for a few days. Things there are going fairly well right now, but I just need a break. I want to sit on the beach for three days and knit, read, sleep.

I want to keep working on my sweater while I'm away, but somehow I don't think heavy wool sweater and beach will go very well together, so I might have to start a sock. But then I'm being all fussy and stupid about what sock I want to knit. I really want to start a stranded sock using the Noro I got at MDS&W, but I don't want to be knitting anything that requires any concentration. I have another very simple Noro sock on the needles right now that is very close to being done, but I am feeling the urge to rip it back because I hate the heel. Decisions, decisions.

In other news, I am happy to announce that this Tuesday, May 27, I will be starting a new part time job. I will be working at Cloverhill Yarn with the wonderful new owner Jolene! I'm am so excited! Please stop in and say hi!!

Have a great weekend all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

you have to get Jody to take some pictures! have fun at the beach - we all need a break about now! sounds like the perfect getaway.....

9:06 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Bring it over tonight! Natural light tends to work best with organges and reds. They are definitely the hardest colors to capture.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Good luck on the new job!!!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home