Saturday, May 20, 2006

Ugh

I know I'm not the only one feeling it... a huge case of the blahs. What is the deal? Is it the cold yucky weather? Is it the change of season? What?

I just feel yucky. Blah, tired, lethargic, lazy. I know there's been discussion about people losing their knitting mojo, but I'm not having a problem with knitting. (Though, oddly, I haven't knit any sock items all week.) I have been working on my Flower Basket Shawl dilegently. I'm even patiently ripping out my mistakes without losing my mind. But overall, I feel yucky.

Yesterday, I had two nice treats. Erin called and invited me to go to the Farm with her, the Cowboy, Jolene and her two cutie girls, Samantha and Erika. I have lived just down the road from Clark's, but I had never been there before. Sooo cute. I love a good petting farm! The baby goats were so adorable and not much bigger than The Poodle. I was sad that I didn't have my camera with me. The kids had a blast.

The second treat was a treat to myself. I went to Lynn's Day Spa and had a massage and a facial. There have been some stressful things going on in my life, and I was really feeling the need for a little escape. When I win the lottery, there will be a personal masseuse on my full time staff. I will live on my alpaca farm with my angora bunnies and baby goats and get massages whenever I want them.

Despite the farm fun and the spa trip, I am still feeling yucky.

I was productive today though. I sent out my Dye-O-Rama yarn to my swap pal. I think it's safe to post a picture since the swap is a secret one. I can't imagine that my pal reads my blog. And if she does... Don't look at the picture!
Yarn for my Dye-O-Rama pal

It's one of the skeins I did in the dyeing class. Blues, purples, browns, tans, pinks, greens... kind of a big mishmash of color. I'm interested to see what happens when it is knit up. Hopefully my pal will send me pictures.

I also sent out my Project Spectrum postcard today. I wont post it here, but it is on my flicker account if you wanna take a look. Again... if you are my swap pal and you are reading this - NO PEEKING!

Tomorrow I will be attending Wine in The Woods. Perhaps many glasses of wine will make me feel better! I will be bringing a chair and hanging out with friends near the band. If you happen to be there, come say hi! I will the girl in the pink chair, knitting of course. Speaking of which... I have to come up with some small knitting project (read: sock) to bring with me. I may actually cast on something new though I really need to make mates for several lonely socks. I need something simple and mindless that I can work on while drinking large quantities of wine and not worry about messing them up.

Grumpy old me is going to bed now!

5 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Sorry about the "blah's". I know I have been feeling it lately but because of my allergies.

I haven't lost my "knitting mojo" either but I have felt like I've lost focus. So much to knit, so little time!

I love the yarn you dyes! The purple & blues look amazing!

11:22 AM  
Blogger KT said...

I think I have your sock mojo - I have had no interest on working on anything else lately!

The yarn is gorgeous - what a lucky swap pal!

The Wine in the Woods sounds like the perfect way to work through the blahs. (If you find a good Chardonnay, let me know! I love me a good Chardonnay!)

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor you - but I'm with you here, I'm in the same mood since days and strongly looking for something to cheer me up! As for me, it's definitely related to the weather, I can't see this grayness and rain anymore and know that my mood will lift up considerably when it's nice outside again - I have my fingers crossed that this will be the case for you again!
But it's so great that you did something for yourself, treating yourself to a day in the spa is just perfect, and even if it didn't seem to change anything immediately, you'll sure feel its positive aspects for a while!
I love the yarn by the way, such gorgeous colors!

4:00 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

OMG....I love that yarn you dyed!!!! I'm finally back to reading my bloglines on a timely manner....so I'm adding you to it! We finally had a sunny day in Pittsbugh....really boosted my mood! PS. I didn't peek at the card...I love surprises. I'll let you know what day yours is mailed.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

aww - sorry about having the blah's - hopefully some socks, wine and music will be a good pick-me-up!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home