Wednesday, May 03, 2006

BAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Morty

I am Morty. Where the heck is everyone???

(I have personally decided that his name is Morty. He may have some other name... he may not even be a "he", but to me, this sheep is named Morty.)

Morty is one of three very lonely sheep currently hanging out at the Ho Co Fairgrounds waiting for S&W to start! Isn't he cute?? He has crazy eyes!

Anyhooo...
I am HOME from my dyeing class! I really had a great time. Looky what I made!
The first skein
hand painted by me!
The browns
If you click on any of the above yarn pictures, it will take you to a slideshow of all the pictures I took today.

I hand painted 8 skeins of yarn: 5 sock and 3 lace weight. Of the 8, I think I really only dislike one of them (no pics.) but it's too early to say. All of my yarn went home with the teacher. She is going to steam set everything tomorrow and then I have to go pick it up. I CANNOT WAIT to see my yarn! It will be really interesting to see how it all turns out. I hate waiting...

I am proud to say that there is not one drop of dye on my hands or clothing!

I got to meet some very cool women. I met Diane, with whom I had traded a few emails and blog posts prior to today. (Go check out her blog - she is an AMAZING quilter.) I shared a dyeing table with the lovely Sarah. Sarah was very into themeing her yarn. We had a good time giggling over colorway names. She did "Ocean" and "Tropical Sunset" and "Water Lily" all of which promise to be beautiful, especially the "Water Lily." I found it really interesting that there were a lot of different fiber artists doing lots of different things in this class. There were weavers, spinners, knitters, crocheters, felters... One woman, Judy, was dyeing yarn to make felted landscapes. She took my phone number, so I hope she gets in touch. I would love to see what she does with the fiber she dyed today!

I had so much else to say about today, but truly, my brain has fried. I stood on concrete for 7 hours - all I can think about is my sore feet!

So, enjoy the pics! I leave you with this....

The Calm Before the Storm

The calm before the storm

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Morty is certainly the perfect name for him/her - but oops, it sure freaked me out a bit while having the first look at this pic - he/she looks a bit angry, no?
The yarn you dyed turned out so beautiful, these color combinations absolutely rock, so cheerful and bright!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Yay! Glad you had fun!

Don't decide you hate one till you'd knit a large swatch from it. You'll be surprised how much it changes.

Good for you, you dainty clean thing.

See you this weekend!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I thought I left a comment last night, but I guess I didn't. I can't wait to see the finished product and have you teach us all the nifty techniques you learned!

So, have you picked it up yet?

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home