Thursday, April 27, 2006

Happy Feet!

Lollygirl Embossed Leaves Socks

Pattern: Embossed Leaves from IK Winter 2005
Yarn: Mama E's C*Eye*Ber Fiber Sock in Lollygirl colorway
Needles: 2.75 Brittany DPN's

I am crazy about these socks. They are soooo comfortable. The pattern is beautiful, the yarn is amazing (so soft!). Everything about them makes me happy. Especially the fact that they are DONE!

lollygirl emossed leaves finished! Heel shot

So... project done... what now?

Well, so many options. I STILL need to cast on for the second potomoose sock. I don't know why I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

I want to re-cast on for Calla.

I want to finish my stuffed chicken. (that sounds like dinner, doesn't it?) And I want to make something from my World of Knitting Toys book.

I want to make more socks.

Earlier today, I had frogged an attempt at toe-up Jaywalkers. (The one's I worked on on the mall in DC...) I decided to rip them because they seemed HUGE. (I must say... owning a ball winder makes the decision to rip sooo much easier.) At work tonight, I cast on for them again.

I had to work at the Baltimore theatre tonight. While I was waiting for the show to start, I cast on for the jaywalkers. I was knitting away when I heard "jeez... are you knitting again??" Surprise! It was my doctor! His daughter was in the show tonight. (She's an understudy.) I got to thank him profusely for the wonder drugs from last week. And, I showed off the new yellow socks. I had been working on them when I was in his office last week, so he saw them in progress.

It's kind of strange running the show there because the lighting "booth" is in the audience. It's this strange little platform that is completely open to everything. So, I've got people talking to me constantly. The most popular question is "Where's the bathroom?" At intermission, I had "the chatty guy" bugging me. Asking a zillion questions that I didn't know the answer to. Hell, it was only the second performance I had ever worked there! Meanwhile, I've got a headset covering one ear. I hear my stage manager call "places" so I tell the guy I have to start the show. And he kept right on talking. Then I hear the SM call for the lights to go down... he's still talking. I finally said "Do you see that the lights are going down? Yeah... um.. I'm the one doing that... I'm kind of working here.." Apparently I was more entertaining than the show.

I'm off to bed. Two kid shows in the a.m. and then back to Baltimore and then WEEKEND!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh... these socks are really happy ones, and so must be your feet! They made me happy with just looking at the pics! Such a beautiful pattern, and what an amazing yarn! Yep, a perfect mix, ain't it? Great, great work!
And now these decisions on what to cast on next - it's always a big step, no? I'm looking forward to seeing what you decided for!

1:26 AM  
Blogger laura said...

Your socks look wonderful! I'm almost jealous... almost! :D

4:30 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Oh my gosh, I love those socks!! Somehow even more now that there are two of them!

I second Lolly's request to know how you knit them so fast! I am just barely at the heel of my first giotto. Maybe I need lessons!

Have a great weekend!

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks look great! That pattern is so on my list of socks to do.

Get some rest, we'll see you at Borders on Monday!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh yum! Those are beautiful!

Can't wait to see the stuffed chicken too!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Well, I think you're entertaining....

:D

11:01 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Those are just about the most cheerful socks I think I've ever seen. Seriously, how could you not be giggly when you have comfy, sunny, cute socks on?? Great job!

I had problems sizing my Jaywalkers when I started them, too. The pattern is not a very stretchy one, so it was hard to find the right number of stitches. You and your amazing sockknittingness will probably be fine, though =)

If I didn't know better, I'd wonder if the guy who was chatting with you was my dad. Anytime I do a show where the booth is in any way audience accessible, he comes up and does the "what does THAT button do?" thing or asks me how things are going, etc. Someday I'll actually let him sit in the booth with me during the show, as long as he doesn't push any buttons...

Oh, and I CO for Rogue last night after the show and a glass of wine. =)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Very pretty socks!!! So springy and bright!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home