Wednesday, March 29, 2006

red legs

Conversations.

conversation 1

S: When are your nights off next week?
Me: Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday.
S: Wanna do something Monday night?
Me: Can't. I have knitting group.
S: Oh. Well, how about Tuesday.
Me: Um... different knitting group. I could do Saturday night.
S: I already have plans. What are you doing Sunday?
Me: hmm... well... yeah, I will be knitting on the Mall.

Conversation 2

C: You should take Wednesday off from work so we can go out to dinner.
Me: I can't. I'm already taking nights off next week.
C: Why? what are you doing?
Me: knitting groups.
C: You took off from work so you can knit.
Me: well, yes. I did.

Said during both conversations:
You like your new knitting friends better than you like me. (they were both kidding, I think...)

Obviously my non-knitting friends just don't understand!

So, yes lots of knitting happenings around here next week!

Monday 4/3 7 p.m.- Columbia knitters night at Borders Cafe in the Target plaza off of 175.
Tuesday 4/4 7 p.m. - Baltimore Knitting Meetup Group at Panera in Towson.
Sunday 4/9 2 p.m. - Lolly's Knitting on the Mall in DC


And speaking of knitting...
Image hosting by Photobucket
(yes, I desperately need to vacuum)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Toe up Socks!

Pattern: Knitting 2 socks at one time on 1 long circular needle
Yarn: Knitpicks Parade in Forest
Needles: Addi Turbos 40" size 2.5

I did the entire cuff and leg in K2/P2 rib.

These were a fun knit. I really like the 2 at the same time idea. Really helps kill that second sock syndrome! And the toe up was fun too, even though the heel was vexing me for a while. (Again, I cannot count) These came out really thick. They are going to be great winter socks. Not terribly comfortable on a 65 degree spring day, such as today!

What's next?
Well, I think I'm going to attempt the Pomatomus socks on Knitty. I would like to stress ATTEMPT. As I have never really done lace before and I haven't much practice reading charts, this will be an adventure.

I did a little bit of swatching tonight at work with my Sundara Sock yarn.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I'm not getting gauge, so I'm going to go down a needle size. I LOVE the colors in this yarn! My picture sucks and does not do it justice. (I hope you are all impressed with the fact that I did a swatch!)

Ok, I'm off to bed. I leave you with this little Project Spectrum picture:


I took a bunch of Red and Pink pictures at the theatre tonight. After I figure out how to do something cool with them all, I will post them here.



4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Have fun on your knitting dates! I am so envious. I wish I had knitting dates. Mine are all virtual. LOL!

Your socks look so great! Try the Pomatomi or whatever. Once you get used to knitting from a chart, you will be annoyed if you are not given a chart. You will be tempted to make charts for everything, including stockinette rectangles. Just kidding about that last bit. :)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I second Lolly's post! You are one fast sock knitter!

I love your red legs pic! Too cool!

I think you can do Pomatomas with no problem!! Lace knitting is really pretty easy once you get used to working from a chart!

Oh & thanks for doing the meme! It's such a fun way to get to know everyone better!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about KnitTogetherBaltimore that meets at the Timonium Borders every Sunday at 2 pm? Are you going to start coming to that too? Sometimes we throw caution to the wind and meet on Friday nights too.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

You have thoroughly impressed me with your swatchiness!


And go for the Potomotnougshoboixyous socks... you can do it on your own. I mean, it's not like you know a knitting teacher or... well, Eunny, who could help you if you got stuck.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home