Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The continuing dental saga....

I tried. Really, I tried. Scott drove me to the UMBC dental school this morning to get my tooth looked at. I ask the receptionist where the clinic is and she says "The clinic is at 7 a.m. You have to be here at 7." Of course, at this point it is now almost 11 .m. When I called yesterday, the stupid moron who answered the phone told me the clinic opened at 7. She didn't tell me I had to BE there at 7. So, I still have a broken tooth. We walked out of the school and I immediately burst into tears. I had been so stressed out and scared about going that it was a strange mix of frustration and relief when they told me they couldn't see me.

So, it's going to have to wait. I am working all the rest of this week. I may be able to get back down there next week. Though, the prospect of trying to get to Baltimore by 7 a.m. for dental work is not very appealing! I know, I know - I have to get this taken care of.

The good news is - it's not hurting today. No jaw pain, nothing.

So, since I got turned away from the dental tortue chamber, we decided to go to the zoo instead! Scott had never been to the B'more zoo before, and I hadn't been in 8 or 9 years. It was fairly cold out, so there were barely any other people there. And a lot of the animals weren't out because it was too cold. But we had a good time anyways. The polar bears were awesome. They were swimming and playing and really active. Lots of fun to watch.

I took a bunch of pictures on my camera phone, but I can't get them to send to the computer. If I ever succeed, I will try to post them.

I have such mixed feelings about zoos. I love to see all the different animals and I know that zoos do a lot for conservation, but it makes me so sad to see the animals cooped up. The cheetahs and leopards were just pacing back and forth in their enclosures. Makes me sad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Coleen,

What a tramatic tale! I really didn't intend that pun, but I won't take it out cause that is the kind of dork I am. Wishing you better tooth health soon.

Regarding having links open in new pages open that we talked about in Columbia on Sat., I did a test and if you paste target="_blank" after a link in the html code, the link will open in a new page.

Feel better!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

UGH!

If you need someone to go with you, I'm willing to provide moral support!

Hope you're doing better soon!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I'm so sorry about your tooth!! I really hope you can get it fixed soon!

Oh & although I wasn't part of the original conversation about opening new pages with HTML but you can use the

target= "new" tage after a link to open a new page.

This is also a great page (albeit for kids) that has really simple html help!

lissaexplains.com

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home