Thursday, March 02, 2006

It's a sickness. Really.

I can't stop buying yarn! It's BAD! In the past week, I have ordered three skeins of sock yarn and two knitting books. MUST STOP! It's an obsession.

But.. have you seen this: Sundara Yarn. This is the source of Eunny's amazing silk. Now, I don't consider myself ready to knit lace yet, by any stretch of the imagination, but... I can knit socks! So, of course I just had to have this. Look at that color! Can you blame me??

And, the other day, I got an email from Amy saying that Amie has declared that I knit the 1000th pair of socks in 2006. So I get more yarn! I can't wait! (Many thanks to both Amie and Amy, by the way. I really am excited!)

While I wait for the mailman, (Oh Mr. Mailman... bring me MORE YARN!) I started some socks with my green stripey yarn from Knitpicks. I decided to try the two socks, toe up, on one circular. I've already ripped it all out. I get the idea and it was all working out ok, but the bottom of the toes was way too square. So, I'm going to try again. Knit fewer rows before increasing.. see what that does.

Sadly, my knitting time is at a minimum these days. I am so freaking busy. I know I shouldn't complain. I sat on my ass all last summer and did nothing but whine about being poor. So I should be really glad for the work - but I'm TIRED. I worked over 60 hours last week. This week hasn't been much better. And next week is going to be even more rediculous. I am off this Saturday, but I have a zillion errands to run. I was supposed to go to an Oscar party Sunday night, but after much thought, I've decided that I really just want to stay HOME. I feel like I haven't had a night at home in ages. Me, some yarn, maybe a little wine, and the TV. Doesn't that just sound decadent?

3 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

oohhhh you cheated! I was the 1000th pair!! MEEEEEEEE! (Ok, I wasn't, but I want some handspun! :P)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Actually you were only the thousandth SOCK, not the thousandth pair.

But a night in front of the Oscar's with a nice glass of wine sounds lovely to me, too.... decadence be damned!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home