Monday, February 20, 2006

Warning... Too much information!

I have my period. I can say that, right? It's my blog, so I can say that. I apologize if I offend anyone by bringing up my feminine issues, but my guess is that anyone reading this is probably female and can totally relate. If you are a male and you are reading this, please step forward and identify yourself. Say hi, join the fun! Especially identify yourself if you are over 35, single, straight and not hung up on your mother. I digress...

I have my period. I am the first to admit that I am a stark raving lunatic when I have my period. If all was right with the world, I would be locked away from all human contact one week of every month. Just to be safe. Now, even on a good day, my tolerance of stupid people is extremely low. Generally, I would like to kick most stupid people. Add being hormonal into the picture and things get seriously ugly.

So, I'm at work tonight. (I had to go into work at 11:30 at night. It's currently 2:30 a.m. and I just got home. So not only am I completely hormonal, I am also extremely tired.) I have one simple project to do, and then I can go home. Suddenly, I am surrounded by a giant swarm of stupid people. It was insane. People asking stupid questions, people doing stupid things. And the icing on the cake was the teenage boy who tried to tell me how to do something work related that I have been doing, quite literally, longer than he's been alive. Needless to say, this teenage boy no longer has his head attached to his body because I ripped it off.

After scaring several people (picture Godzilla, trompling small villages), I finally put my ipod on as loud as I could bear it and drowned them all out. I think they were all quite happy when I left. The funny thing is there are three women working at the theatre this week who all currently have their periods. It's going to be a fun week!

Changing subject...

The goose is still on the needles. For some reason, I am having issues with this stupid sock. I have had to rip it out three or four times now. I did show them to Kathy and promised to mail them to her. She loves them and can't believe I made them myself. Just the exact response you want when you give something that you made yourself!

Kathy and I had a great weekend together. Had Mexican food, drank margaritas, did a little sight seeing. Great fun. We went to the American Visonary Museum this afternoon. It is the coolest museum EVER. I highly recommend it. Really funky and different.

Ok, it's almost 3 a.m. I really should go to bed. Sorry for the rambling weird post! By the way, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to come to Eunny's knitting group monday night. I promise - I won't bite off any heads while I'm there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Women's hormonal cycles tend to get in sync, so it's pretty common that a bunch of you are all going through that. What is surprising is that men don't figure it out sooner and just quit acting like idiots. Or maybe it's not that surprising. ;D

Hope to see you tonight - I'm still planning on being there, but there's a lot going on today so I'm not 100%

8:49 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

BTW, your knitting style sucks.
:P

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home